It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

katie_2005 HB User
Small Red Itchy Slightly Raised Circles

I have been getting small red itchy slightly raised circles on my body for a month now. On my stomach, under my breasts, collarbone, neck, near my armpits kind of. I've been wondering what it could possibly be! Went to the doctors and he wasn't sure, said it was most likely an allergy (because it's spring here), prescribed me anti histamine. Been taking it for a few days now and it hasn't helped. I still have these circles popping up.

Could it possibly be ring worm? It doesn't look like a ring (have a white circle inside of it), it's just completely red. I put lemon juice on it just before and it stung at first, now it's just incredibly itchy. Should I buy an anti fungal cream anyway(it is safe right?)?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2005, 01:07 AM   #2
(female)

MichSM2 HB User
Re: Small Red Itchy Slightly Raised Circles

Try and see if it's pityrisasis rosea. That's what it sounds like.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-12-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
(female)

katie_2005 HB User

* PR may have prodromal symptoms (eg, malaise, nausea, anorexia, fever, joint pain, lymph node swelling, headache) *. I had a headache, sore throat (swollen lymph nodes?), fever, joint pain and nausea.

I probably should've told the doctor about that but I didn't think it was relevant. Fever lasted nearly five days and I got circle lesion thingies on the 2nd day. If this is what it is (I'm pretty sure coz I found a picture that looks EXACTLY like mine!). How is it treated? What OTC stuff can I apply?

btw i've been using calamine lotion and it hasn't really helped(says on this site).

Oh my...it takes anywhere from 6-12 weeks to clear up!? I'm going to tahiti in 3 weeks...ahhh! Maybe I should go to the tanning salon..(but..i don't want the spots to get darker..)

Last edited by katie_2005; 11-12-2005 at 01:25 PM.

Old 11-13-2005, 09:54 AM   #4
(female)

MichSM2 HB User

I have pityriasis rosea, and this is the 11th/12th week so far.

You will get over it. If I can survive it for over two months, I have not let it bother my psyche. The good news is that the bumps do fade away, although slowly, but they really do. I've had some of mine disappeared but not completely.

Go to the dermatologist if you wish. Get Benadryl (for night time) to ease the itching. You may try topical steroids (hydrocortinesome) to put on the spots to stop the itching. Whatever you do: DO NOT WASH IN HOT WATER. It will only aggravate the rash. Wash in lukewarm water. Avoid strenuous activities if possible.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
(female)

katie_2005 HB User

I went to the chemist and they reccomended I try Telfast for Itchy Skin Rash/Hives. They said that sometimes generic versions of anti histamines aren't always as good as the branded ones. I was using a generic Zyrtec (razene) it wasn't helping. I took the Telfast (fast acting apparently) half an hour ago and I still feel kinda itchy. Lately i've been getting tingly/crawly feeling skin (which i still feel even though i took the telfast). It seems to happen every time I take in a deep breath and exhale. Mostly around the area I have a rash at the moment (stomach area). But I get this tingly feeling on my sides and back too.

Last edited by katie_2005; 11-13-2005 at 08:19 PM.

Closed Thread