It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2005, 07:40 PM   #1
(male)

BigB08822 HB User
Tiny bumps very itchy!

I am trying to figure out what I have going on with me. This is the 2nd time this has happened, the first time being about 2 years ago. It went away on its own last time but it took a while to do so and I was pretty miserable. The one thing that helped was to put on lotion. I did go to the doctor because I thought maybe I had scabies but he tended to think it was not scabies but possibly excema and instructed me to take something over the counter and come back if I did not get better. I semi followed the rules and did get better but I thought it was only coincidence. I had also treated myself for scabies just incase so I am not sure which was the reason for the healing, if either were.

Now again I am having problems. I have tiny red bumps. Mostly around my hands/wrists but also on my buttocks and around my inner thigh area. These seems to be my problem areas but it doesn't mean I don't itch in other areas from time to time. Today I noticed if I squeezed one of the bumps that a little clear liquid came out. They do not appear to be bites but rather just bumps.

Does this sound like excema or more like scabies. My roomate seems to be fine and has no problems, I would think he would have the scabies as well by now since this has been going on for about 1 month. My boyfriend seems to be ok, he itches as well a lot but he does not have any bumps but he is allergic to my cat so we think that is the reason for his itching.

Any help would be appreciated. If it is excema, what do you suggest? Do I need to see a doctor or is there something I can try over the counter first?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #2
(female)

katie_2005 HB User
Re: Tiny bumps very itchy!

Allergy rashes can cause water blisters. Switch to a soap free body wash (cetaphil, dermaveen etc.). I'm using Dermaveen for dry itchy and sensitive skin I don't think i'll ever use alkaline soap ever again. You should always try and reduce the number of chemicals you use on your skin.

What laundry detergent are you using? Switch to a detergant formulated for sensitive skin (i'm using persil sensitive). And make sure you're wearing comfortable cotton underwear (avoid all scratchy feeling fabrics espesh in the rash areas). Don't use any anti-acne washes on your body if you're using them (I was getting itchy bumps on my shoulders and as soon as i stopped using clean & clear body wash it cleared up). Avoid greasy lotions etc.They make itching worse (by blocking the evaperation of sweat) If you're itching all over take a soothing bath in a bath oil for allergy rashes (Alpha Keri Oil, Ego Pinetarsol etc Check out the pharmacy and see what they have). A topical cream such as hydrocortisine 1% a few times a day will help, make sure you read the instructions on the tube. I have Pitryiasis Rosea and i'm using MEBO Anti Itch Soothe Ointment, it's all natural and helps prevent scarring. You may also want to try anti histamines to help relieve the itch. I hope it clears up!

I doubt very much that it's scabies, don't even think in this way! LOL! It'll just make the itch worse. You said you had the problem 2 years ago so it's probably most likely an allergy rash/eczema. And your boyfriend's itching is most likely from the cat (cat fur is so fine and it sticks to everything, if your cat's not even there it may irritate him because the fur will be in the couch etc.).

Even if it is eczema, the treatment for allergy rashes is pretty much the same.

Last edited by katie_2005; 11-17-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #3
(male)

BigB08822 HB User

Thank you for the reply. I will take your advice and see it that helps any. I will head to the store tomorrow.

One other thing, I noticed today then when I squeezed this one bump on my hand it constantly let out clear liquid. Only a small amount but it was never ending. It would squeeze out a bit and then within 2 or so minutes I could squeeze out an equal amount. I do not know why I was able to do this so often. Is this normal for excema or any other type of known allergy/skin problem? Just curious if this would ring a bell.

Last edited by BigB08822; 11-17-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

amy2705 HB User

Is your skin dry and itchy? I get little red bumps on my hands and writsts in the winter. The dermatologist said it was dermatitis and gave me some hydrocortisone cream. That got rid of whatever I had pretty fast. If your skin is red/dry/itchy where the bumps are, you might want to try the cortisone and see if it helps. You can get it at the drugstore/pharmacy.

Closed Thread