It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2006, 10:46 PM   #1

meester fox HB User
dry, irritated and itchy skin under eyebrows and other area's

Hi! I'm new here. So If I'm missing something, I apologise.

I did a search on this site, but didn't turn up too much.

Under my eyebrows, my mustache, and less so on the sides of my nose (not the sides of the nose itself, but the cheek area) I have dry skin that falkes off and is itchy.

needless to say, it drives me nuts!

in the mustache area especially, you can see it. It's not one big thing, it's little spots here and there. this all started on the right side, then my eye brows joined in, along with the rest of the mustache area.

now when i looked around on here, some people said it might be Seborrheic Dermatitis.

[B]{removed} [/B] Though I DO have a somewhat dry scalp and the such, it's not as bad as what I've seen. So i don't think that's anything more than dandruff. It also has not creeped onto my forehead or anything, either. Then again, maybe if I gave it some more time it would.

Now it comes and goes. never seems to stay away for too long.

It came by this week, and i've had off from school. So I don't think it's stress related. though I HAVE been busy with stuff, so it very well might be.

Anyway, any idea's? input? It's something I've tolerated for a while and now I'm sick of it.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 01-02-2006 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Read posting rules. No websites.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
(female)

FearfuL HB User
Re: dry, irritated and itchy skin under eyebrows and other area's

Heya, welcome.

I didn't know much about dermatitis, but I got this thing on my face and looked around for what it could be and got the same semi-conclusion as you did. Mine is a 'patch' - super flakey sometimes and somewhat reddish underneath (any coloring with your problem?).

Yours does 'sound' like SD because as I understand it, the face is usually affected and the eyebrows are a 'popular' problem area.

How long ago did you notice this?

I'm planning a trip to the doctor's office, maybe she can give me something to try. If this keeps bugging you, I'd stop by your doc's office too. You might wanna try some dandruff shampoo for your beard (I wouldn't do the eyebrows just b/c they're close to your eyes) and see if that helps.

p.s. - [B]{removed}[/B] I already did lol. I think they may display the worst case scenarios.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 01-02-2006 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Readposting rules. No websites.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread