It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #1
Inactive

Ozfry HB User
More drastic measures for dark circles under eyes?

Im 22 male and have dark circles under my eyes.. its nothing to do with the amount of sleep im getting, ive also tried numerous creams that have done nothing. What are my other options? What surgeries is available for this procedure.. bleaching products etc.?
thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 03:49 PM   #2
(female)

Tiredmomof4 HB User
Re: More drastic measures for dark circles under eyes?

It could be hereditary. Do others members of your family have the dark circles? I have read that it is just thin skin and/or blood near the surface of your skin.

Home remedies that I have heard of but not tried include cool used tea bags,cool cucumber slices and raw potatoe slices. I have never heard of a surgury for this problem. Perhaps others will have better ideas.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2006, 09:10 PM   #3
(female)

akazie HB User

Avon anew clinical laser system is good for getting rid of the dark circles around the eye area (be careful not to get it in your eyes). It might also be an idea to focus on your diet because a lack of a balanced diet can cause this problem, give up things like smoking and drinking coffee and drink enough water everyday. You might also like to do a body detox as well.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:45 AM   #4
Inactive

Ozfry HB User

nah im not going to bother with any more home remedies because i know they wont work.. please dont argue about this.

akazie from all the reviews ive read nearly everyone thinks that laser system is bogus and does nothing.

thanks tho.. ne1 else?

Old 02-06-2006, 07:39 AM   #5
(female)

akazie HB User

[QUOTE=Ozfry]
akazie from all the reviews ive read nearly everyone thinks that laser system is bogus and does nothing.
[/QUOTE]

I use this product and it has impressed the hell out of me, I know alot of women who love it also but as they say what works for one might not work for another. Maybe you should try it before you knock it, you can buy it off ebay for alot cheaper.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:15 AM   #6
Inactive

Ozfry HB User

[QUOTE=akazie]I use this product and it has impressed the hell out of me, I know alot of women who love it also but as they say what works for one might not work for another. Maybe you should try it before you knock it, you can buy it off ebay for alot cheaper.[/QUOTE]
how long did u have dark circles for before trying it? also have you tried a lot of other products .. creams etc. which is meant to reduce the darkness? and did they do nothing?

Old 02-07-2006, 04:36 PM   #7
(female)

akazie HB User

[QUOTE=Ozfry]how long did u have dark circles for before trying it? also have you tried a lot of other products .. creams etc. which is meant to reduce the darkness? and did they do nothing?[/QUOTE]

I have had dark circles around my eyes as long as I can remember, I think it's genetic for me. I have tried alot of different creams and home remedies, none have given me the result that this product has. They haven't completely gone but they are alot lighter (thank god) but I have only been using it for about 3 weeks. Like I said it has really impressed me. One tube will last you a long time if you only use it around your eye area, remember to use sunscreen because the sun can be a cause for the dark circles as well.

Causes for dark circles around the eye area are:

HEREDITY
Like varicose veins, dark circles under the eyes are usually an inherited trait. If you have dark circles, there is a good chance that others in your family also have them. The skin under the eye is very thin. When blood passes through the large veins close to the surface of the skin it can produce a bluish tint. The more transparent your skin, also an inherited trait, the darker the circles appear.

EXPOSURE TO THE SUN
Even in darker skinned people, exposure to sunlight, especially during the summer months, can cause a higher-than-normal level of skin pigmentation (melanin) under the eyes. People get sun tans because exposure to the sun increases the natural pigmentation of the skin and draws that pigmentation to the surface.
The same principle applies to the skin under the eyes.

ALLERGIES, ASTHMA and ECZEMA
Any condition that you have that causes your eyes to itch can contribute to darker circles under the eyes because rubbing or scratching the skin can darken the skin. Hay fever sufferers particularly will notice under-eye "smudges" during the height of the allergy season. Some food allergies can also cause the area under the eyes to appear darker.

MEDICATIONS
Any medications that you are taking that causes blood vessels to dilate, can cause circles under the eyes to darken. Because the skin under the eyes is very delicate, any increase blood flow shows through the skin.

NUTRITION
The lack of nutrients in the diet, or the lack of a balance diet, can contribute to the discoloration of the area under the eyes.

FATIGUE, LACK OF SLEEP
A lack of sleep or excessive tiredness can cause paleness of the skin, which again allows the blood underneath the skin to become more visible and appear more blue or darker.

PREGNANCY and MENSTRUATION
The skin can also become more pale during pregnancy and menstruation, which again allows the underlying veins under the eyes to become more visible.

If you have a propensity to have dark circles under you eyes, as you grow older, they are likely to become more noticeable and permanent. Excess folds of skin under the eyes will also make dark circles more pronounced.

Old 02-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #8
(female)

princess77023 HB User

Hello:

You say you have tried a product that works. But, you did not say "What the product is."

So, what is the product?

Old 02-22-2006, 01:21 PM   #9
(female)

harmony_stormz HB User

I was about to ask the same question, I have dark circles on the upper top of my lid and bottom, I don't like makeup, don't need it for the exception of these circles.
I had these sice I was a teen, as I got older they got darker.

Closed Thread