It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
A skin fungus/yeast infection???

Has anyone has a skin fungus or yeast infection on their skin? I have a rash that itches UNBELIEVABLEY!! It is under my breasts. I went to my doc and she perscribed a cream............it is helping a little bit. I dont understand or know how i got this? Does anyone know? I have keloid scars under my breasts from a recent breast lift..............those itch as well.............then i noticed a nasty reash. I cannot tell you how bad this itches.....it almost brings me to tears! Has this ever happened to anyone else? Anywhere on your skin? My doc used the words yeast infection and i couldnt believe it........i was sooo embarrased, i didnt know you could get that on other parts of your body??????

Old 02-05-2006, 05:01 PM   #2
(female)

Jo-chan HB User
Re: A skin fungus/yeast infection???

Don't be embarassed, it happens to the best of us.

I have seborheic dermatitis on my face and scalp and it is caused by a fungus growing out of control on my skin. My dad has it too, so possibly it is hereditary, but I have it worse than he ever did. And talk about embarasing...basically it looks like dandruff of the face and is very itchy. In the winter it is nearly impossible to get rid of it and flakes of skin get in my hair, my eybrows, everywhere. Thank goodness I work at home and I don't have to see many people when it's at its worst.

What kind of cream did your doc prescribe, btw?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

My doc perscribed Nystatin cream USP..............it is helping..........but isnt making it go away. I've been using it 3X a day for about 4-5 days now. I've just never heard of skin fungus or yeast infections on the skin. Do you know how people get this? Beside's hereditary.

Old 02-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #4
(female)

Jo-chan HB User

I think these kind of fungus/yeast overgrowths are a result of the body's immune system being compromised. I would guess that your body is still recovering from the trauma of the breast lift and its resources are somewhat limited right now, hence it opens the door for the fungus/yeast to grow out of control.

This is just my opinion, but once you are completely healed from your breast lift and your body is back to normal, maybe the fungus/yeast thing will clear up, too. Trama & stress, whether physical or emotional, can have strange effects on the body and I think this is just your body's reaction. Like I said, nothing to be embarased about and I'm glad the cream is helping. Hang in there!

Old 02-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
(female)

Tiredmomof4 HB User

One of my daughters had this when she was a baby...all over her neck and going down her chest a bit. It looked horrid and I am sure was miserable,too. The doctor gave me lots of different meds, none of which worked.

I finally ran into an old dotcor for another reason and he told me to wash her with an adult antibacterial bar soap...any brand. I was told to stop using all baby bath products ,etc. So I bathed her with the soap, dried is very well and then applied womans yeast infection cream...any brand that is usually inserted internally. It cleared it up entirely!

We fought that for months...and I mean maybe 6 or 8 months. I sure was grateful to that old doctor!

I personally think it is an immune system problem. She has been way more ill over all than any of my four kids. She is 9 now and still comes down with the darnest things!

Old 02-08-2006, 07:01 AM   #6
(male)

jerbear HB User

[QUOTE=Jo-chan]Don't be embarassed, it happens to the best of us.

I have seborheic dermatitis on my face and scalp and it is caused by a fungus growing out of control on my skin. My dad has it too, so possibly it is hereditary, but I have it worse than he ever did. And talk about embarasing...basically it looks like dandruff of the face and is very itchy. In the winter it is nearly impossible to get rid of it and flakes of skin get in my hair, my eybrows, everywhere. Thank goodness I work at home and I don't have to see many people when it's at its worst.[/QUOTE]

Jo-chan or anyone, how can I tell the difference between sebborheic dermatitis or acne rosacea? I'v been treating my self for seb derm but my foolish doc says it's acne rosacea! I'm getting fed up with it is all I'll say. My nose and cheeks under the eyes and in my beard area gets flaky, dry and then turns red after I shower. I was told it's seb derm. My skin gets really flaky like I said, mostly in the hair follicles but there is the 2 spots under my eyes that have red patches after the skin flakes off. Is there anything, like a moisturizer, that would be safe, non irritant, for the flaking part at least? I almost want to hide every day and I'm 46 yrs old!!
Thanks

Old 02-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #7
(female)

Jo-chan HB User

Hey jerbear,

Has your doc given you anything to treat your skin condition? If he/she thinks it's rosacea, I wondered if he/she prescribed something to treat it. If so, are you using it? What else have you tried, if anything?

I don't know if you already saw this in another of my posts, but I used to use hydrocortisone cream from the drugstore on my face and it worked great for years, so maybe you might want to give that a shot if you haven't yet. Just be careful around your eyes, of course.

If you do have seb derm I really doubt that any kind of moisturizer will help and may, in fact, make it worse.

Closed Thread