It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
(female)

staircar HB User
small raised bumps on chest

I think I might have asked this on the other board that was closed, I couldn't find it on this one so I thought I'd ask again..
I have these tiny raised bumps on my chest, they start right below my neck. Anyway, the bumps are probably no bigger than the end of a pin, and they're slightly darker than my skin. When I touch that area it gets kind of red, but there's no itching or irritation. It's mainly a cosmetic problem for me. I went to a dermatologist and she said they were just follicles. When I put dandruff shampoo on them they get a little smoother and softer but they're still there. I tried using benzoyl peroxide there but it didn't do anything (except i broke out in that area) the doc said I have tinea versicolor so I don't know if it's related to that.. (thats why i use the dandruff shampoo on my skin)

anyone have any clue what this is? like i said, it's just a cosmetic thing but it kind of bugs me.

Old 02-13-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
(female)

love8 HB User
Re: small raised bumps on chest

hi there
i think i have the same thing that you're talking about. i'm not sure though...it seems like clogged hair follicles or something...
it's kinda weird, i've had it for a while, and it's annoying
using a body scrub kind of makes the skin a bit smoother but the pores are still clogged...
does anyone else have this problem?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 09:26 AM   #3
(male)

ranman HB User
Re: small raised bumps on chest

I think this sounds similar to what I have. For the last 5 or 6 years I've had a reddish rash with small raised bumps that stretch from the front of my arm at my elbow across my chest, around my lower neck and down to my other elbow. I've been to 2 derms with no success. They prescribed a compounding cream (Cetaphil, I think) that helped at first but seems to be working less and less each time. You can't apply it over 3 consecutive days and then you have to skip a day. The rash is worse during the winter mos. I've tried vinegar, selsum blue, and other things to no avail. I've also tried various vitamins that are good for the skin but have seen no results. Thought about trying Skinzinc but forums say its not very effective either. If anyone else has suggestions, I would love to hear them. Thanks and good luck.

Closed Thread