It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #1
(female)

sherrib HB User
Underarm skin rash

For many months now, I have had a rash under my left arm which is red and looks somewhat like acne. I have been to the dermotologist and an internist. I have tried several prescriptions and have even tried antibiotics. It seems that just as the redness goes away and begins to heal, it flares up again. It does not itch, but does cause irritation. It now seems to be spreading past my underarm to my shoulder. Will someone please help?

thanks.
sherrib

Last edited by sherrib; 02-07-2006 at 11:04 AM.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:34 PM   #2
(female)

CK40CK HB User
Question Re: Underarm skin rash

What did the dermatoligist say when you went there? Sounds like maybe sensitive skin?? Try using a deodorant for sensitive skin? Sometimes different perfumes and deodorants, antiperspirants will cause irritation. I recently had a problem with what I will call it a scab on my underarm So i used iodine which I bought at the drugstore. I used it for about a week and it actually cleared up the problem But something looked like maybe a bug or something else seemed to come out of my armpit. I know this sounds crazy but I swear something seemed to be stuck in there. I thought maybe it was just from shaving and was irritated. But it actually looked like it was inflamed and kind of swollen. But now it is totally gone. I would go back to the doctor and get it checked out again. All the best

Last edited by CK40CK; 02-07-2006 at 08:38 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #3
(female)

cagedbird HB User
Re: Underarm skin rash

sherrib, I once had a very nasty raw red skin thing going on in my arm pit.It looked like raw chopmeat,& was sticky wtih clear liquid. I went to everyone for some relief,and none was found. Well finally one doctor started washing my armpit with Physoderm ( buy at drug store green bottle) & sent me home with a sample bottle. I used it 3 x a day & it healed in about a week. Can't hurt to give it a try,just might be the one to get rid of this for you.
Good Luck
cagedbird

Closed Thread