It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
(male)

littledragon HB User
White/small patches on upper lip

Hi,

Stats - 23 Asain/Indian male

I'm a little concerned about my upper lip, it looks as though the centre of the lip is changing colour. There seems to be a few white dots (not raised) on there also and it feels tingly as though I need to bite the centre/bottom part of my lip, also I get quite dry lips (but not cracked).

I'm sure its been like this for a while but I havn't really paid much attention to it until this recently. I've noticed my dad has quite a large white-ish/pink patch above his upper lip. I hoping its not something I've inherited as it looks a little odd. I would post an image but I think against forums rules, its a little hard to explain it with out seeing it.

If anyone can offer any advise on how to prevent or stop it from getting any worse it would be much appreciated.

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2006, 03:38 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

missingyou HB Usermissingyou HB User
Re: White/small patches on upper lip

sounds to me like perioral dermatitis, check some pictures online it can mess with your upper lip line. I have had this problem since i was a teenager initially it was only redness/pinkness on the folds of my nose, combined with whiteheads.I had been on antibiotics for years and it gave me candida. luckily i have gotten rid of that a year or so ago. some topical steroid gel's were given to me for this as well (metro gel i think), but i have learned that these only masks the problem and it comes back worse once you stop. A few months ago i developed burning/tingling on my upper lip area, ive compared it to some pictures on the internet of perioral dermatitis and it looks like thats the culprit. My doctor gave me hydrocortisone creama and fasic acid but im not going to use that on my lip as the only solution to this is oral antibiotics, im gonna get a script tommorow.

It could be seborrheic dermatitis, which is caused by a fungus, try an antifungal OTC mediation, I have been doing somewhat better using this twice a day for a couple of weeks. The only other thing that i can think of is that an allergy is causing your problem check out the allergy forums.

Goodluck talk to the doc and ask him about perioral dermatitits

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2007, 01:02 AM   #3
(female)

pdmshry HB User
Re: White/small patches on upper lip

Hi, I cld guess ur problem as Fordyce's spots. Its a disease. Better u browse some information for the term "Fordyce Spots"...U can match and analyse wat ur disease for sure, with other cases.

Closed Thread