It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #1
(male)

Ronaldo77 HB User
Removing Moles With Garlic

hey, i used the garlic method on a mole on my leg which was flat and about 2mm in diameter. it scabbed over and now it is a red spot with a light brown area in the middle, im hoping it wil heal more over time. I have more concern over a larger mole i tried the garlic method on my arm. its about 6mm diameter and has hairs growing out of it and responded differntly to the garlic. it stings and oozes sometimes and has also raised significantly and there is a slight lump under the skin surrounding the mole. primarily i wanted to remove them to avoid getting skin cancer as i got a lot of them on my body but also for cosmetic reasons. i didnt want to waste money on anything and garlic seemed the easy thing to do. i am worried though, about what the garlic does to the mole. is it possible to get skin cancer from applying garlic to a mole even though i applied the garlic to prevent skin cancer? do you know of anybody or any records of anybody who has contracted skin cancer in this way. thanks in advance for any help

Old 02-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #2
(female)

Tiredmomof4 HB User
Re: Removing Moles With Garlic

I don't know the answer to your question but am trying the garlic on a few of mine...several different types. I have a raised eraser size one that I am still working on...it has gotten pretty ugly...it's about skin level now but I still don't think it is all gone.

I look forward to hearing other's experiences!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2006, 11:14 AM   #3
(male)

Renegade_43 HB User

[QUOTE=Ronaldo77]hey, i used the garlic method on a mole on my leg which was flat and about 2mm in diameter. it scabbed over and now it is a red spot with a light brown area in the middle, im hoping it wil heal more over time. QUOTE]
Hi Ronaldo,

If you still see a slight brown spot i'd suggest applying the garlic again. I did the same thing last summer and just let the mole be after applying the garlic. The mole returned, although not completely. It appears in two parts now with a small space of no pigment. The surrounding skin was quite irritated when I did this last summer but has faded significantly since then.

Last week I applied garlic to a flat mole a little smaller than a pencil erasor for 4 days. I rubbed the mole with a pumice stone until it just started to bleed. I applied vaseline to the skin surrounding the mole in an attempt to prevent the surrounding skin from getting irritated. This has worked quite well and the red border extends very little beyond the mole. I applied the garlic only at night and the entire mole has scabbed over. I'm just waiting for it to fall off and hopefully the mole is gone. If I see any remains I am going to reapply the garlic.

As for causing cancer I don't think you really have anything to worry about but you should always keep an eye on it. In fact, garlic is known to have anti cancer properties and has also been used to treat bacterial and fungal infections.

I'm not sure how old you are but young people tend to have pretty good defenses against arising cancer cells. Cancer cells can arise spontaneously and through exposure to different mutagens many times throughout a persons lifetime. These cells are often recognized by the immune system and destroyed before they are ever noticed. It is when the surveillance system for some reason or another doesn't recognize the cancer cell and fails to produce an appropriate immune response against it that problems usually arise.

Cheers, and keep updating!

Old 02-19-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
(male)

Ronaldo77 HB User

Thanks a lot renegade, your respose eased some of my worries. Im 17, healthy and get a lot of exercise but like i said i have quite a few moles, mostly flat which i do not want. the light brown area is realy faint and seems under the skin so would the garlic stil penetrate? and is garlic realy anti-cancer?? i never knew that ive been feeling really worried about this mole on my arm since i started using the garlic im just praying it wil remove the mole soon. the area around the mole is worrying me because it is red and lumpy and raised and feels quite hard but thanks again for your response. good luck with your latest removal

Old 02-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
(male)

jazzper HB User

Ive recently used the garlic method using crushed garlic from a jar. It seems to have worked (i hope the mole doesnt return after the healing is finished).

The advantage i found using crushed garlic was that it irritated the surrounding skin less than ordinary garlic. This is especially true once a crater has formed. It's then easier to place the crushed garlic into the crater.

I hope this helps.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:51 AM   #6
(male)

Ronaldo77 HB User

mine didn't really form a crater but the pigment was gone when the scab came off. Now there is a large red scabby area around where the moles used to be. Is this normal or has the garlic irritated the surrounding skin and the skin heals in this way? my skin is also very dry around the outside of this area, i dont have any explanation for this other than the adhesive bandaid may have dried out the skin? i was applying the garlic for about a week i think, maybe more. if anyone has any information on this or skin cancer in general it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Old 03-11-2006, 04:35 AM   #7
(male)

whitey000 HB User

ronaldo77 does ur favorite player happen to be cristiano ronaldo

Old 03-11-2006, 05:30 AM   #8
(male)

Ronaldo77 HB User

yeah he is my fav player

Old 03-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #9
(male)

whitey000 HB User

hes mine too, did u see the game today??

i tried last night using garlic to remove a mole on my back,i taped a piece over it and kept it on overnight, nothing happened so far but nothing is supposed to happen the first night on a larger mole, right???

Old 03-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #10
(male)

Ronaldo77 HB User

no it might bubble up and raise slightly but stick with it keep applying each night until you think you have done enough, you just get the feeling when you should stop

yeah course i saw it i was bloody there! rooney is amazin

Old 03-13-2006, 06:46 PM   #11
(male)

whitey000 HB User

hhah u live in UK i live in New Jersey,US so i had to watch it on tv, hell yeah rooney is amazing two goals in 15 min. thats crazy!

Old 03-22-2006, 02:20 PM   #12
(male)

Ronaldo77 HB User

yeah hes good i go to all the games.

on the topic of moles, however, i am gripped with fear. The 6mm mole i used garlic on came back and its pretty much the same as before although i cant remember. i cant help thinking that the garlic has made the mole cancerous. i notice things like a hard lump under the skin on the bridge of my nose btween my eyes and an achey pain in the left upper groin area. i keep thinking i have cancer that has spread to these areas and its a horrible feeling. can anyone reassure me in some way how long does melanoma take to spread, are those 2 symptoms signalling cancer? and could garlic make a mole cancerous? thanks for any replies

Old 03-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #13
(male)

indie85 HB User

Relax, your mole is just like any other part of the skin, the castor oil is kinda like a deep acid peel, except your just doing it to ur mole. You get skin cancer because uv rays from the sun damages the DNA in your skin and in some cases this affects the growth mechanism of the cell, wherby it replicates uncontrollably.

Old 03-23-2006, 02:47 PM   #14
(male)

Ronaldo77 HB User

thankyou for your reply mate its really getting me down. ive just been thinking really deep about life and what its all about and stuff like that n i realy dont wna be doin that while im 17! i hope im just being paranoid but thanks again, do you know how long it would take melanoma to spread to other parts of the body incidentally?

Last edited by moderator2; 09-10-2006 at 02:10 PM. Reason: to close this thread for being inactive for more than thirty days

Closed Thread