It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
(female)

doraluma HB User
itching, esp under breasts

ok the itch continues.
perhaps it is psychological.
because i cant think of an organic cause.

some areas only itch for a while then it goes away, or moves somewhere else.
like the top side of my thighs, or backs of my calves, or backs of my hands, or upper arms.

some itch all the frigging time!!!!!
under my breasts is the worst. itches so much its almost painful. i cant bear to wear a bra at the moment.
the stretchmarks on my hips and lower tummy itch alot too.
i occasional get one or two hives on my skin grafts. only on my skin grafts. and only one or two hives. odd.
i wore a wrist support (joint pain) one day and it itched a little by the end so i took it off, and over the next few hours my wrist turned into one giant hive.
and *cringe* my pubic hair. but i have been examined there several times since the itching started for various reasons and they said there was no evidence of like lice or anything. no one else in the houses ive stayed in has it. my sexual partners havent had it.

my first though for all this itching was scabies or mites. but there is no evidence of that. there is no rash even.

ive tried calamine lotion, hydrocortisone cream, timodine cream (hydrocortisone and anti-fungal), E45 moisturisers, talcum powder, prescription only antihistamine.
nothing helps

its driving me craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyy!

it waxes and wanes, but is always there. first thing in the morning, middle of the night, lunchtime.

so all that makes me think its psychological.
but then i thought can nerve disorder cause itching??? since i have other neurological symptoms....
because i recall when all my physical symptoms started 5 months ago, a very early symptom was the sensation of insects crawling on my face. i would call it a tactile hallucination, but i wasnt showing any other symptoms of psychosis or even depression at the time. i couldnt stop myself from sweeping my hands over my face in a bid to 'get the damned insects off' even though i totally knew there werent any. it was quite distressing. never experienced that before. and then the itching started.
i try not to scratch
but sometimes i do, so much i draw blood. but the second i stop scratching the itching starts again, it provides no relief.

anyone got any ideas on how to stop itching???

xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread