It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2006, 04:50 PM   #1
(female)

mmmkay007 HB User
Unhappy red pimple-like bumps on arms-right before prom!

hey all...
i've had this problem since late elementary school: several little red bumps, that look like little pimples, all over the backs of my arms. i used to think it was becaue i was overweight, but then i saw that some of my cousins and a few schoolmates also had them. i am quite self-conscious...but have gotten away with always just covering my arms.
well...i found a prom dress...but it is strapless...i however accepted my fate and was prepared to bare my arms.
then my cousin, one who had the red bumps, said that ammonium lactate lotion cleared hers up, and it being less than a week till prom i decided to try it out.
it looked like it was working after the first day, but since then i have LIKE A THOUSAND MORE bumps...but they are colorless. i think i had a reaction to the lotion.
i just think it is unfortunate that i will have bumpy arms and shoulders for prom...especially with a strapless dress.
if anyone knows how i can treat the original red bumps and/or the subsequent colorless bumps effectively or have dealt with this problem i would REALLY appreciate a response.

Thanks!

Old 03-31-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
(female)

shortygal99 HB User
Re: red pimple-like bumps on arms-right before prom!

It's called Keratosis Pilaris....I have it too. I haven't found anything worthwhile to help it. Just kinda stuck with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread