It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
(female)

Luvmypugs HB User
Question Sores on arms that won't heal!!!

Hello to everyone. I am new to this board so I'll give just a brief about what's going on with me.

I went to my doctor a year ago and he did a fasting blood sugar test. When he got the results back, he asked me to come in and we sat down to talk. He explained to me that I was right on the verge of being Type II Diabetic. He put me on Metformin, told me I needed to change my diet drastically and walk at least 20-30 minutes daily and get some of my weight off .

Well, ever since my son was born in 2002 I have felt sluggish, gained alot of weight and whenever I get the least bit stressed or sick I break out on my face and upper arms in what looks like pimples. They get hard, they ooze, they bleed, then they scar! This has been a vicious cycle for 3 years now. I have been to two Dermatologists and used so many different soaps, lotions, antibiotics (by mouth and on my skin). Nothing seems to work. They just won't seem to stop appearing and the healing process is so long and frustrating . And once again it's warm weather and I'm so embarrased for anyone to see my arms. I dread going to the beach with my husband.

Does anyone else have this problem or any problem similar to this? I would love to know if anyone has any suggestions or answers that I haven't thought of or done up to this point. Thanks and good health to all of you.

Mel

Closed Thread