It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 09:19 PM   #1
(male)

gotkube HB User
'Sores' on Back of the Neck

For the last few years, I occasionally get a breakout of what I can only describe as 'sores' on the back of my neck - directly underneath the hair line (and sometimes in my hair, and occasionally on my scalp as well). They start out as a general discomfort, grow into something along the lines of a pimple of cyst- at which time I sometimes try and squeeze them to try and 'pop' them, but they never so. They usually tend to get itchy, so I scratch and pick at them (not good, I know), until they start to bleed. They usually clear up on their own, but not before another couple begins.
They first started a few years ago, then stopped for a while, but I'd say I've had them consistently for the last 6 months now. I had my fiance take a picture of them tonight so I can actually SEE what they look like, and they basically look like little 'cuts' on the back of my neck, one certainly looks infected and is probably just smaller in size to a dime.
Any suggestions what might be causing these, and what I might want to consider doing to fend them off?

Thanks

- gotkube.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Pimples, scabs, and sores on scalp??? chris5621 Skin Problems 18 05-01-2011 06:55 AM
scalp, neck , face sores tb779 Skin Problems 3 05-16-2009 04:11 PM
Stiff neck scalp sores aging skin vandilay General Health 0 04-26-2009 10:00 PM
Insane rash/ sores Leanne8 Open to All Other Health Topics 4 05-13-2007 06:04 AM
Can mononucleosis cause canker sores in mouth or throat? Kari7171 Mononucleosis 5 09-16-2005 10:07 AM