It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

OrbieKL5 HB User
itchy bumps on elbows

Recently I developed a large cluster of bumps on both my elbows. Some can appear reddened at times, but otherwise, they are typical skin color. It's been going on for about 2 weeks now, and I'm noticing scattered single bumps on my forearm. It causes severe itching from time to time.

Anyone dealt with this? Or have an idea of what it could possibly be?
Today, I started exfoliating more and using a lotion with glycerin, hoping that might help the situation.

Old 05-04-2006, 12:29 PM   #2
(female)

jbenyo04 HB User
Re: itchy bumps on elbows

I just developed the exact same thing about a week ago. Mine started with a LARGE rash on my forearm, and the next day I had the large-ish bumps on my elbows. All are very itchy and annoying. The elbow ones look GROSS!

I have always had sensitive skin and had horrible heat rash all over when I was a kid, so I can't say I was really that surprised. Not sure what these are from, but I am guessing the drastic change in weather...I live in Michigan, so it goes from cold to hot, back to cold and rainy a lot. Not sure where you live, but could that maybe have an effect on your skin too?

I have been using Gold Bond medicated anti-itch cream, which has helped significantly on the forearm. I am hoping it will do the trick on the elbows as well, but possibly takes longer because the skin there is thicker...

Good luck, and let me know if anything works for you. I will do the same.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2006, 04:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

OrbieKL5 HB User
Re: itchy bumps on elbows

It's awful. I'm self-conscious wearing short-sleeved t-shirts because of the large clusters of bumps on my elbows. They're not red or anything, but they do itch.

I went to the doctors and although she couldn't exactly tell me what it is (she hypothesized severe case of dry skin), she prescribed me ammonium lactate. It's a strong lotion that contains an emollient to help exfoliate the skin. I've done it for 4 days now and I can't tell if there's been any improvement at all. I'm going to call her back on Tuesday (when I've been doing this for a week), and let her know if its working or not.

I live in Boston, MA... so the weather here is constantly changing. It's 80 degrees today. Earlier in the week it was in the 40's.

Glad to know I'm not the only one handling this skin-issue.

Old 05-06-2006, 04:23 AM   #4
(male)

streetja HB User
Thumbs up Re: itchy bumps on elbows

i have had this rash all my life im only 13 but i am taking pills and medicines the most effective for me is chlorphenamine maleate 4mg tablets or zirtek if its only a weak rash id go and see a pharmasits or doctors for a subscrition of this and also try these for instant relief of the rash is cetirizine dihydrochloride 10mg tablets very effective they do work effectively i have suffered with this rash all my life

Closed Thread