It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
(male)

ohknow42 HB User
Post STD related skin problems... anyone have any ideas?

Ok, last june almost a year ago I was stupid and received oral sex from a woman of unknown status... had mild symptoms, went to the doc and was treated for gonnahrea. Ive seen been retested to make sure its gone. But...

A few days after the exposure I developed a small (bout 1/2 the size of a dime) irritated patch of skin on my penis, and the skin at the opening of my urethra became irritated as well. Thats pretty much the only symptoms I ever had as I was treated quickly.

The problem is... its not 11 months later and the skin is still irritated. Ive seen 3 urologist and a GP who all said it was nothing. I had a dermatologist treat it with an anti-fungal for 5 weeks, followed by a cortisone cream for 4 weeks... and pretty much little to no change. The dermatologist said it was irritated dermatitis and will go away on its own... just keep it moisturized.

So now here I am, almost a year later... moisturizing this thing ever day hoping it will get better, but nothing. Its had a bad impact on my life... If i sweat it gets worse so I avoid working out, and chlorine makes it worse so I avoid swimming which I used to swim 1 mile a day for a workout. As a result ive gained like 20 pounds

Right now im treating it daily with cetaphil moisterizing cream. some days its better than others, but really dont know what to do with it. Whenever I goto a GP about it they refer me to a urologist who says they dont treat that kinda thing... and ive already been the dermatologist route.

Any ideas? Also, just to rule things out ive been tested for herpes and it came back negative HSV2 positive HSV1 (like 3/4 of the country) and the docs have said my results indicated a previous exposure during childhood most like and everyone ive been to insists its not herpes.

Please Help. This is driving me insane.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
(male)

Jason27 HB User
Re: Post STD related skin problems... anyone have any ideas?

I hope someone can help you, but I had a similar problem 2 months ago and the funny thing is that I am reading a lot of posts here from people how their urologists said that they should be fine (mine said the same thing) but still have symptoms. I received oral sex from a girl and caught NGU and took 4 different antibiotics and I have no visible symptoms and I pass every test.

I feel like I have a fever and my testicles ache and the urologists just says I should wait it out since they don't know what the problem is. I guess this is some kind of new medical condition that no doctors have ever studied or something. One thing is for sure I am super sex-free now.

Last edited by Jason27; 05-24-2006 at 05:33 PM.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #3
(male)

ohknow42 HB User

Jason,

Damn... I know how you feel... 11 months... no sex (of any kind)... very little exercise (so i dont further irritate the skin and make it worse)... worried myself to death... ive been on 3-4 different antibiotics... one urologist put my on doxy... and couldnt see me for a month so kept extending the perscription... really screwed me up worse... gave me a yeast infection on top of everything else.... when i finally saw him again he said... I have no idea... take this other med for 6 months and see if it does anything. I looked up the other med and its primary side effect is impedence... like i needed that too. lol.

Now its approaching the 1year mark... and would really like to get something done... the GPs automatically route you to a urologist... and the urologists automatically start looking at other things... prod around for a while then say they cant help. Very frustrating.

I thought I was getting somewhere with my dermatologist... but it ran its course... she eventually said it was getting better... and i didnt need to come back. Not from my point of view... I guess it was just her way of saying I cant help you anymore.

So now... I want to get somewhere with this... but dont know where to start. STD clinics can only help you if you test positive for an STD... which I dont as ive been treated already. GPs are clueless... Urologists look for UTIs, etc... and are clueless about the skin irritation... and the dermatologist I went to had me on a steroid creme then moisturizer... been moisturizing since December with very very very very slow improvement... like at that rate it will be cured once im too old to do more than think bout sex anymore. lol.

Very very annoying... and really dont know what to try or who to see.

At any rate... thanks for responding. Been checking it daily hoping someone would have a magic solution for me or something... so at this point any response is appreciated. ;-)

Last edited by ohknow42; 05-24-2006 at 07:39 PM.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #4
(male)

Jason27 HB User

Well good luck, the sad thing is that I have forgotten how it felt like to feel completely normal. Has your blood pressure risen as well? I used to eat all kinds of food with no problem, but ever since I caught this now anytime I eat anything with sodium my heart pounds.

Old 05-28-2006, 07:01 PM   #5
(male)

ohknow42 HB User

My blood pressure is fine... but im worried and wracked with anxiety most of the time... worried about what it could be? how to get help? etc. Its almost as if your problem doesnt fit into a few set things a doctor deals with... they dont have a clue what to do... and as a result send you off to someonw else without a clue what to do.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:07 PM   #6
(male)

Jason27 HB User

Yeah I used to think that Doctors always knew their stuff since when I used to visit for flu, broncitis, etc. they always knew the problem right away, gave you a prescription and you were back to normal again. One thing that has me stressing over is that could it actually be in my mind? Since when I first wake up I feel 100% healthy but then when I am awake and aware then the pain starts.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:49 PM   #7
(male)

ohknow42 HB User

Yep... and once you start second guessing yourself there... it gets really complicated figuring out what IT is and isnt. My dermatologist had me on antifungal for 5 weeks, then cortisone for 5 weeks... then told me i didnt need to see her anymore.

I asked what i should do as it hadnt gotten much better in the 2.5 months id been treated... and she told me it might go away on its own once i forget about it. she said to treat it with moisturizer a couple times a day.

So the problem is... lets say she is right... how do you forget about something thats always uncomfortable and that you need to treat a couple times a day.

Closed Thread