It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
(female)

SweetPuff HB User
Seb. Dermatitis Getting Better

I was using a lotion the derm. subscribed for my Seborrheic Dermatitis, but it just wasn't getting better. The lotion isn't for long term use either and I was a little afraid it was thinning out my hair around the temples and just above my forehead. I decided I should quit using it and I just went back to using differin on my whole face ( I was using it all along except for on the S.B. itchy areas). Anyway, my skin has actually gotten better around the chin and nose area where it was so bad. It is still itchy, but I don't have nearly as much nasty redness. Maybe it's a coincidence, I don't know....but it's nice to have a little relief from trying to cover it with makeup!

Old 05-24-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
(female)

Aries gal HB User
Re: Seb. Dermatitis Getting Better

Is the differen for the dermatitis? did it make your skin break out?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Let me get in on ths...I think I'm a long term sufferer.
Before going on with symptoms let me tell you the treatment that SEEMS to help.

After every DAILY shower use a Miconozole Cream (OTC) on thhe areas that go red. Then cover the skin with an innocuos cream...something your skin likes.

Once a week spread on either something like 2% Selsun or an OTC Dandruff shampoo containing zinc pyrithione. Let sit for 10 miutes and rinse.

A pain in the asp but it works.

If the mess goes red and ugly, RARELY use some hydrocortisone afterwords...but sparingly because it makes the red go away but doesn't do blue f***k towards a cure.

Tell me how it works for you. Add any tips you've discovered.

Notice how it's worse in winter??? That's the nature of fungus and yeast...they HATE sunlight!

NB...Ive had it for 10 years!

Last edited by Lenin; 05-26-2006 at 01:49 PM.

Old 05-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
(male)

Menkatek HB User

Lenin, I started your routine only a few days ago, and it's gotten rid of all my flakes! After reading through the symptoms, I was almost sure I had seborrheic dermatitis. So I decided to try your method with Selsun Blue as I already had some for bad dandruff. My face was all clear by the end of the first shower!

Now that it's all cleared up, the rosacea stands out. It must be the result of using hydrocortisone for the past 8 years, at first only to resolve a small, chronic patch of dry skin under my eyebrows. I was planning to see a dermatologist as it had now spread all over my face and to my ears. Oh well.

Thanks very much for your input Lenin!

[b][/b]

Last edited by Menkatek; 05-28-2006 at 10:56 PM.

Closed Thread