It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

navinthekillerf HB User
Angry Unexplained stretch marks

I posted a thread earlier asking what these marks on my hips are. From help on here and research on my own, I realized that they are stretch marks.

The problem is that I have NO idea why I have them. Theyre pretty dark, too. I've gained a little weight in the past months, but its been gradual and only about 10 lbs. I'm not very overweight, maybe 10 or 15 lbs. I'm definatly NOT pregnant. I'm 21 and female. I'm not very active...I'm a graphic designer so I'm on my computer most of the time. I've never been all that active, though and these marks are totally new.

I've also noticed that they are showing up on my upper thighs and the top of my breasts, too.

Help!!!

Old 05-26-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
(female)

dianabarry HB User
Re: Unexplained stretch marks

SOmetimes they show up for no reason, even though you have not gained or lost a lot of weight.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
(female)

navinthekillerf HB User

[QUOTE=dianabarry]SOmetimes they show up for no reason, even though you have not gained or lost a lot of weight.[/QUOTE]
oooh man. I hope you arent right..lol. No disrespect meant. I just hope that its something I'm doing so that I can correct it.

BUT if it is just spontaneous, I guess I'll have to find something that dimishes them.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:30 PM   #4
(female)

princesspixie HB User

It took me a while to realize what my marks were, too. I read somewhere that rubbing 100% Vitamin E and 100% Cocoa Butter on them helps. If that doesn't work, I will have to try something stronger like Everderm CL. Anyone had good luck with this?

Old 05-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #5
(female)

ElfieNLynx HB User

Don't forget it might not be weight gain or loss either, you could have grown. Most likely your body could have gone through its last growth spurt, it happens around the ages of 18 to 21. I know it happened to alot of girls I know. There was one girl who I use to be friends with who was short and flat chested at our high school graduation, its been five years and I bumped into her yesterday and now she is taller, thinner and has a bigger chest. Its not an uncommon thing.

Also your body just could be adjusting to a hormone change and with hormones brings things such as stretch marks and acne and all those wonderful horrors.

Your lucky though, you can treat them now and get better results while their fresh instead of waiting around like I did until they start to fade.

Here is something for you to try which I found has helped me fade them and is locking in moisture in my skin.

Get a bottle of 100% vit E oil (( you can get Palmer's at Walmart )), get a bottle of Emu Oil (( I got mine from Ebay)) and here is a trick that I've been using. I went to my healthfood store and got Olive Spray Oil which is a cooking oil, but it comes in a spray can for easy use plus its loaded with lecithin which is a major helper to heal the skin. What I do every morning and night is I spray on my cooking oil all over and let it set for a minute then I spray on my Vit E oil (( I put my in a spray bottle)) and my emu oil and let them all set for about two minutes then rub them in.
Yes you will be able to probably squeeze yourself through a keyhole when your done and you'll never have to worry about getting stuck cause your slippery as hell, but it really has been locking in the moisture for me...and trust me I try everything under the sun to get rid of stretch marks.

Also drink ICE COLD WATER, its the best thing for your body.....

Old 05-26-2006, 09:27 PM   #6
(female)

candlelite2000 HB User

My daughter is 14 and a couple of years ago she started to get bad purplely stretch marks and over the last year unexplained gigantic weight gain.
Not to alarm you, but in 2 weeks she will be having her pituitary gland removed. Her body is producing high amounts of cortisal (cortizone).
Check into if you had any cortizone or steroids latley. If they keep growing check with the doctor. My daughter is suffering Cushing's Disease as a result of the cortisol in her body, but you also get the same symtoms from steriods and cortizone. Good luck, I sure don't wish this on any one.

Closed Thread