It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2006, 10:09 PM   #1
(male)

vibrations0 HB User
Stretch Marks

I am 17 yr old...and i have my back full of sretch marks..they are very notisable..they look like ive been hit with a cord...what are the best products to remove this...i love the beach..i surf and play lots of sports but i am now embarass to take my shirt off...i am 6 ft and only weight 115 lb..maybe a got these for rapid growth.

Can someone help me..give me tips..something..thanks

Old 05-27-2006, 12:34 AM   #2
(female)

muffin72492 HB User
Re: Stretch Marks

Okay, so first stretch marks fade with time usually to a silvery or white thin line and you can barely see them. You can get them for a number of reasons, hormones, weight gain, getting taller, basically anything it seems. Eating healthy drinking lots of water will help your skin overall and if your marks are fresh or still red you'll probably have a better chance of getting rid of them. I've heard vitamin e works well, but make sure you get the most potent and natural oil or the capsules will work too. Just break them open and rub the vitamin e into the stretch marks, it would probably work best after a shower or something, when your skin is still damp. I would search more on the net and on here for tips on getting rid of them or making them fade. Some people say there's no way to get rid of them but you really won't know till you try. I'm in the process of getting rid of mine from rapid weight gain so I'm just going to try a bunch of things even though mine are almost white now. I won't give up lol. Just remember lots of people have them even guys. This is a lot longer post than I intended it to be but I hope I helped some, theres quite a few other posts about stretch marks on here though, so check that out.

Also be patient chances are if you do find something that works you'll probably have to wait to see results

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2006, 12:41 AM   #3
(female)

sdjansen HB User

My older brother has that same thing on his back, he jokes that a domanatrix did it to him. he is only 5'6" and 145 pounds. I also have stretch marks from being pregnant, they market a whole bunch of products to pregnant women claiming to get rid of stretch marks. The only thing that seemed to help a little bit for me was cocoa butter. Getting a tan also makes them less noticable, but either was your probabley stuck with them so I would suggest making up a cool story to tell people if they are rude enough to say anything to you!

Old 05-31-2006, 01:44 PM   #4
(female)

sugarpie76 HB User

There are alot of stretch mark creams on the market and are very expensive. But I have found Everderm-CL has helped me with my stretch marks. I have tried them all and this works great. The down side is it did take about 2 months before I noticed any difference. I hope you find something that will help your stretch marks.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:41 AM   #5
Inactive

shannamarie36 HB User

How much is Everderm CL and where do you buy it? Did you notice a substantial difference or just slight?

Old 06-04-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
(female)

adri79 HB User

I have some stretch marks on my tummy from 2 pregnancies and I've found that some of the new firming creams(inexpensive ones found in drug stores) really work well in helping make them appear less noticable. I don't think I'm allowed to name brands on here...but the 2 I've used were less than $7.00 and seem to really be working. I actually picked them up to try to firm up the skin on my tummy area...but the first thing I've noticed are my stretch marks becoming less and less noticable. In 2 weeks time...I've noticed a HUGE difference!

Old 06-04-2006, 09:43 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

jbbrocky HB User

Strixaderm is supposedly very good with stretch marks and wrinkles, same ingredients as strvectin but much much cheaper.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
(female)

LisaNB HB User
Wink Re: Stretch Marks

Try Vita-K. Can be picked up at a local wal-mart or pharmacy. I am using it right now, just started.. will let you know how my progress is going. Oh yeah, only about $9.00! another thing is to exfoliate where the stretch marks are. then use the lotion.

Closed Thread