It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
Inactive

kevinnader HB User
Should I be scared of a skin growth under arm if i had load of blood tests done?

hm,

For the last 3 weeks I have had this skin colored redish bump on my left armpit. Its not big or anything. Im used to having occasional skin lesions underneath both my arms, but this is different because its an actual round bump.

I had $340 worth of blood tests done back in March that the doc ordered to make sure that i had anxiety disorder or whatever. So the question is......Do I have to worry about my skin thing since my blood tests came back normal??

Old 05-28-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Re: Should I be scared of a skin growth under arm if i had load of blood tests done?

Not sure how it can be skin color AND reddish but.....

This could be a cyst, fatty lump, enlarged lymph node, skin tag or even accumulated deodorant. If it's red then there could be an infection (but then it would hurt, and you didn't say that it did).

I wouldn't worry but keep an eye on it to see if it changes in any way. The blood tests previously taken would be of no help in this matter.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2006, 10:24 PM   #3
Inactive

kevinnader HB User
Re: Should I be scared of a skin growth under arm if i had load of blood tests done?

well,

I mean its mostly light red/pink. Its like a part of my skin and so its skin colored but also light red. It really depends on what angle your looking at it from. If your looking at it from the top then it looks pink,but if you look from the side of it,it is skin colored..if that makes sense..

so u dont think it seems cancerous whatever the color?

Old 05-28-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Podee HB User

I had something exactly like what you describe a few weeks ago. I go to the gym regularly so I assumed it was just soreness from too much stretching, but then I felt it and it was a round hard bump right under the armpit. I did not wait.

I couldn't get into my regular doctor quickly enough, so I went to the emergency room. I was covered under my insurance.

Anyway, the doctor said that it could be either an ingrown hair follicle, some kind of cyst or a sebaceous gland. Turns out it was the last, some kind of abscess formed when a sebaceous gland is blocked and cannot excrete properly. They lanced and drained it - the process was painless but the numbing shot of lidocaine before the procedure was very painful. I went back the next day to have it checked but it was already almost gone. They did a test culture of it and it was some kind of minor bacterial infection associated with the abscess and the antibiotics they gave me took care of it completely.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:09 PM   #5
Inactive

kevinnader HB User

Well,I dont think mine is the same thing. Mine isnt sore at all. It isnt even hard. It just feels like a skin lesion.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:12 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Podee HB User

There is no way for us to know what that is, or for you unless you are a doctor. Better get it checked out while it is still there. If it is something bad, and it disappears under the surface, will be harder to diagnose.

And those blood tests from months ago might not detect what is wrong, assuming anything is, plus the fact that they were a long time ago.

Old 05-29-2006, 07:07 AM   #7
Inactive

kevinnader HB User

well if it goes away then its good.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:22 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

Podee HB User

Not necessarily good that it goes away. It might just go under the skin or be a symptom of something else. Better get it checked. Why take chances?

Closed Thread