It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
(male)

NeoOsiris HB User
Chicken Skin.

I have always had it, and it doesn't really get me down, well it never has. But it has been annoying. Just more like a pet peeve, are there any ways to lessen it. I have really dry skin if that means anything. My sister and mom have it a bit too, so I'm guessing its a genetic thing, but I am sure there must be something to lessen it. Its mainly bad on my legs, my arms and back are fine. I try to scrub my skin when i take showers and baths but doesnt seem to work. anyone else have any tips? any types of skin creme or anything.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
(female)

horseygirl14 HB User
Re: Chicken Skin.

If you are talking about red dots all over - that sounds like keratosis pilaris. I have a mild case of that. You can do a search on the internet and come up with some information. You can try lachydrin - i buy it at walmart here in canada over the counter. It's a lotion. I also use Dove Nutrium exfoliating body wash or body bar - it's in a blue bottle. I used to use a buff puff but haven't seen any in the stores lately so I don't know if they still sell them or not. Use a loofah instead.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #3
(male)

NeoOsiris HB User
Re: Chicken Skin.

hey thanks, i really appreciate it! I will check out the lotion you mentioned at walmart. Thanks again!

Closed Thread