It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #1
(female)

CatholicWoman HB User
Question Painful Fatty Cyst On Underarm

Hi everyone. I have this fatty cyst on my underarm but its kind of painful. I first got it last year and went to the doctor when it didn't go away within a few days. The doctor ran a few blood tests after examining it and told me that it was likely just a fatty cyst. At first she thought it might be a swollen lymph node because I had been sick recently or was sick at the time but she said it was a little higher up than what the lymph nodes usually are right there. It went away for a while (I think) and then came back this year. Then it went away again for a while and came back again. This leads me to believe that it is probably my lymph node and not actually a fatty cyst. I mean, would a fatty cyst just come and go like that? My doctor did tell me at the time that if it starts causing me problems then I should probably get surgery done to get it removed but obviously I don't think they could or should remove a lymph node. What do you think?

Old 06-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
(female)

kayte04 HB User
Re: Painful Fatty Cyst On Underarm

Actually removing a single lymph node isn't a big deal. I've had problems with these off and on for several years - underarms and groin area. They usual get started from infected hairs (apparantly from some kind of staph infection that stays in the body). I saw a surgeon about it in January and he said if the one in my groin came back again they would probably remove it - quick, outpatient surgery.
Just keep an eye on it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #3
(female)

CatholicWoman HB User

[QUOTE=kayte04]Actually removing a single lymph node isn't a big deal. I've had problems with these off and on for several years - underarms and groin area. They usual get started from infected hairs (apparantly from some kind of staph infection that stays in the body). I saw a surgeon about it in January and he said if the one in my groin came back again they would probably remove it - quick, outpatient surgery.
Just keep an eye on it![/QUOTE]

Hmm okay. I would definitely like to see about getting this annoying thing removed. I mean it can be quite painful every now and then and it goes away and comes back from time to time. I kept thinking for a while that maybe I am allergic to the deodorant that I use (Suave 24 Hour Protection) or possibly I am getting an ingrown hair when I shave my underarms. I don't think it'd be an ingrown hair or a surface infection of any kind though because I do not get puss filled bumps or anything like that. I did have a boil on my underarm once which I think was caused by an ingrown hair and it hurt very badly. I ended up popping the thing so it could drain.

About how much does this surgery cost to remove a cyst or lymph node? I hope it doesn't cost much. I am unemployed and do not have any income so unless I could get some organization to help me out with the cost, I wouldn't be able to do it.

Old 06-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
(male)

NeoOsiris HB User

Hey Catholic, I actually noticed about last year I had a couple small bumps on my armpit, they are about like a couple mm in diameter. are these fatty cysts or warts? i was reading about swollen lympnodes and cancer. and i was seriously starting to worry, i am setting a doctor appointment this week, were yours that small? should i be seriously concerned?

Old 06-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #5
(female)

CatholicWoman HB User

[QUOTE=NeoOsiris]Hey Catholic, I actually noticed about last year I had a couple small bumps on my armpit, they are about like a couple mm in diameter. are these fatty cysts or warts? i was reading about swollen lympnodes and cancer. and i was seriously starting to worry, i am setting a doctor appointment this week, were yours that small? should i be seriously concerned?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what that is. I'm not a doctor. Anyway if they're just a couple mm then they might be skin tags. As for the bump that I've got, its about the size of a silver dollar in diameter and it feels like it goes a good inch to half an inch deep. As for the lymph nodes and cancer thing, that really scares me too. I have been worried about it possibly being cancer or something ever since I first got this but then again that's probably just me being paranoid.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
(female)

CatholicWoman HB User

Well everyone, the fatty cyst has come back (yet again) and is very painful this time. I am definitely going to get it removed. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow.

Closed Thread