It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
(male)

salmagicpants HB User
Bizarre neck rash accompanying a cold

Hi all,

For the past ten, fifteen years, I get this weird neck rash whenever I get a cold. The two seem related; the worse the cold, the more intense the rash. I've comepletely ruled out diet, lotions, etc. as the only common thread is the presence of a legitimate cold.

It appears first on the side of my neck, then gradually spreads to form a dark red ring around my neck. At first it's just sort of puffy, but then it becomes a bit *****ly and small, pimplish heads raise out of the normal rash. It's a little unsightly and burns a little.

After a couple days, though, it fades, within a week usually disappearing for good...or at leat until the next cold.

Has anyone ever heard of this kind of thing before? It has me baffled, not to mention a little paranoid whenever I start to get a cold. It often doesn't come on until a few days of an "official" cold has begun, sometkimes starting when the cold symptoms are already departing.

Anyway, if anyone knows the name of it or a good way to treat it, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Trouble breathing and swallowing / also rash senorthomas Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 1 04-23-2010 04:14 AM
Help need to know what my neck and back mri means ss 104 Back Problems 1 12-17-2009 05:51 AM
i need help understanding my mri neck and back ss 104 Pain Management 1 12-15-2009 02:56 AM
Bizarre Symptoms - Neck Problem? Flutterby51 Back Problems 8 05-05-2007 11:42 AM
Urgent!! Please help me diagnose this horrid rash, none of my doctors can!! cricketchicket Alternative Medicine 11 01-09-2005 07:10 PM