It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2006, 05:44 AM   #1
(female)

sons2 HB User
skin infection....need some advice

hi guys

This is a little long winded, so please bear w/me. I have eczema, I usually get it my fingers, but now I have it on my foot. I went to my GP he gave me some anti-fungal cream, did not help, finally went to the Derm. He prescribed a corticosteroid to reduce itching, redness, swelling, I must have a really bad case, because nothing is helping.

This gets kinda gross, so sorry, I just really need some help. Now I have a huge split on my heel, and a couple of spots that are seeping. My foot is getting so sore I can hardly walk. To relieve some of the pressure on one of the spots, I did sqeeze it and clear stuff came out of it, it's also very sore.

Should I maybe soak it in some E. Salts to draw out some of the infection?? If anyone could help I would be so very grateful!!

Blessings to you all
sons2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mari526 HB User
Post Re: skin infection....need some advice

I think with eczema you need to moisturize,epsom salts might be too drying. Aveeno make oatmeal soak packets that you can drop in the tub or a basin, Afterwards, you can apply Aveeno moisturizing cream , I think it has colloidal oatmeal in it too. It will soothe your skin and help it to heal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
(female)

sons2 HB User
Re: skin infection....need some advice

Thanks so much

sons2

Closed Thread