It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 11:15 PM   #1
(male)

don_pedro_2776 HB User
Red face Dirt underarms and folded areas hard to remove

I have hard to remove dirt under my arms and my neck. Its been this way for quite sometime, I don;t know if maybe when i was a kid I didn't wash or waht. But i know i keep scrubbing and nothing seems to work. I feel imprisoned in some ways because I can;t wear sleeveless shirts or loose collars in fear that someone will see my problem. Its very embarassing and this is really the first time i have talked about it.

Is there a soap out there or something that might be of use to me. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
(female)

itsmefelee HB User
Re: Dirt underarms and folded areas hard to remove

My son has this problem also and has been diagnosed as having "acanthosis nigricans". Please do a search on this. His neck (mostly sides and back), under arms and groin area are dark and 'dirty' looking. It has nothing to do with washing.

Good Luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
(male)

NeoOsiris HB User

Its exactly what the previous poster stated. All it is, is that the skin has grown thicker in those areas. It is a product of being overweight in most cases, I used to have it and I always though it was my hygiene. Till I started losing weight and changed my diet. It started fading away and its hardly noticeable now. Don't worry too much about it though, the dark skin itself is not a health risk.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
(male)

don_pedro_2776 HB User

htank you both for the quick replies, i will look into this right away. And as a matter of fact, i am over wieght, so what you said about that helps as well

Old 06-19-2006, 07:02 AM   #5
(male)

NeoOsiris HB User

Things that help. For me, I already noticed that most of it is going away. I go to the gym and workout, changed my diet to a more healthy and nutritous one. Just general healthy living, as you lose fat it loosens to the skin around the areas where they often get thicker (groin, underarms, elbows and knees, neck). It's pretty simple how it works really, I used to think it was some condition or something till I researched it on the net.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:05 AM   #6
(female)

lozza12689 HB User

god i have that also! i just thought it was because i wasn't washing properly or enough! i feel better now to no that other people are in the same boat as me! but what i dont understand, is that someone made a statement about it happening because of diet and being overweight. Well i have a pretty healthy diet and im not overweight, im in the healthy weight rangem sure i could lose a couple of pounds but now im worried because i have it! so if i lose weight, will it go away i have it on my neck, arm pits and groin area! any posts back id be greatful to!

Old 06-19-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
(female)

itsmefelee HB User

lozza: no, it is not due to ONLY being overwieght and eating a proper diet. It can also begin to appear as a sign to check your sugar. It can be a sign that you may have or possibly will have type 2 diabetes. OR can simply be genetics. Look it up on the internet (acanthosis nigricans) and you will find lots of information.

Closed Thread