It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2006, 12:35 AM   #1
(male)

iheartvitaminc HB User
Scabies- They just wont go away!!!

I have had scabies for about 8 months now. I have been using meds prescribed from my doctor. They go away for about two weeks then come back. I have the worlds most sensitive skin, so thhe meds have made my body and face break out with major acne. I dont understand why they wont go away, and im starting to think i will have scabies for the rest of my life. If anyone has had these before, can you please help me out and tell me how you got rid of them. Thanks in advance.

The following user gives a hug of support to iheartvitaminc:
belanova (12-14-2011)
Old 06-19-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
(female)

Ausomemom2 HB User
Re: Scabies- They just wont go away!!!

We'll, I can't say from experience because it turns out my son didn't have scabies, but we treated him for it. The dr diagnosed him with it in January so we washed everything in hot water and soap (especially his bedding) and made him sleep in the rx cream. We all put it on as a family and slept in it many times before the dr changed the diagnosis to a bad eczema rash. He also has very sensitive skin and once we started treating him for eczema instead of for scabies he cleared right up. It takes 72 hours for the mites to die outside of the host. Also, we kept the cream on until after we'd thrown all of the dirty bedding in the washer, then we all showered. We even put the cream in our hair. We covered ourselves to the extreme because we thought it was really resistant scabies. Go figure. I wish I could be of more help. Is your dr 100% sure that it is indeed scabies? Eczema is also VERY itchy and can often look very similar. My son would toss and turn and claw at himself all night long when he was broken out. It broke my heart. Needless to say, I was pretty ticked off at the dr who misdiagnosed him. He was treated for something he didn't have for 3 months and BOY that was a lot of sleepless nights. (our baby was a newborn at the time too) I feel so sorry for you, I know this is really tough. Hang in there and get a second opinion if you have to. That's what I did.

Brandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

dazedandconfused1 HB User

did the doctor perscibe a body lice wash if not use that a friend of my daughter had it and cleared her right up

Old 06-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
(male)

ohknow42 HB User

[QUOTE=Ausomemom2]We'll, I can't say from experience because it turns out my son didn't have scabies, but we treated him for it. The dr diagnosed him with it in January so we washed everything in hot water and soap (especially his bedding) and made him sleep in the rx cream. We all put it on as a family and slept in it many times before the dr changed the diagnosis to a bad eczema rash. He also has very sensitive skin and once we started treating him for eczema instead of for scabies he cleared right up. It takes 72 hours for the mites to die outside of the host. Also, we kept the cream on until after we'd thrown all of the dirty bedding in the washer, then we all showered. We even put the cream in our hair. We covered ourselves to the extreme because we thought it was really resistant scabies. Go figure. I wish I could be of more help. Is your dr 100% sure that it is indeed scabies? Eczema is also VERY itchy and can often look very similar. My son would toss and turn and claw at himself all night long when he was broken out. It broke my heart. Needless to say, I was pretty ticked off at the dr who misdiagnosed him. He was treated for something he didn't have for 3 months and BOY that was a lot of sleepless nights. (our baby was a newborn at the time too) I feel so sorry for you, I know this is really tough. Hang in there and get a second opinion if you have to. That's what I did.

Brandy[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind me asking, what did the doc give you for the Eczema once it was diagnosed?

Ive had a small red inflamed area of skin in a sensitive spot for 13 months now... doc said it was dermatitis... used a lipo steroid creme for a few weeks... didnt get much better... then doc just said keep it moisturized and it will go away.... that was 7 months ago... so looking for options.

Old 06-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
(female)

Ausomemom2 HB User

Hi, it is a prescription called : ELOCON 45 g Ointment 0.1%, (a brand of mometasone furoate, USP ointment. It workes pretty quickly too. I use it on my son ONLY when he has reddness and inflammation, it really takes that out, then I use a really greasy moisturizer like Aquaphor. So far so good. Hope this helps. Ask your dr for a RX for this, it's great. Good luck.

Brandy

Closed Thread