It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2006, 08:03 AM   #1
(female)

Jocey_11 HB User
Red bumpy skin..help

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I have had red skin on my cheeks for almost my whole life. It does not go away and I have tried many over the counter things. I also have red bumby skin on my entire arms. The bumps stick out a little and everything I try does not make it go away. If you no what this is or how to make it go away please post.[/FONT]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 03:11 PM   #2

klisete8 HB User
Re: Red bumpy skin..help

This is called keratosis pilaris and unfortunately cannot be cured. Your derm can prescribe you lotions to alleviate some of the symptoms, but it's unlikely to be completely eliminated through treatment. For some people it gets better with age; for others, not. It gets worse in cold, dry environments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2006, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

MissyB HB User
Re: Red bumpy skin..help

I have had this same conditions for years on the back of my arms, but never did anything about it. When my little girl got it I asked her dr. and she suggeted putting Kerasal ointment on it twice a say. You can get it at WalMart on the foot isle. I have used it on my arms and I am having no problems what so ever. I have noticed once you stop using it the bumps come back because like the person replied before me there is no cure. I hope this helps, and I promise this stuff really works. Take Care,
Missy

Closed Thread