It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
(female)

love8 HB User
shaving down there.

hey everyone!

i just have a question regarding shaving my bikini area.
when i first do it, it turns out fine the first day and it's not itchy or anything (i use bikini zone stuff afterwards). but then the next day i have stubble and i want to shave it again but it's too sensitive and it starts bleeding/getting sore. it's like i have to wait 3 days or so in between shaves to let the skin heal so that it doesn't give me a rash or burn. i don't mind that much...i just feel a little bad for my SO, who has to deal with the stubble
does anyone have any tips...how do you shave without getting irritation?

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
(female)

Heather13 HB User
Talking Alternatives

Hey there!
Hate to be the bringer of bad news... but when I shaved my bikini area I always had problems because the hairs are courser. I always got ingrown hairs, and razor rash. (those little red bumps! )
So not being able to help you with that problem, I'd recommend laser. I have gotten my bikini done over the past year, and it's truly wonderful. Money is a bit of an issue, I'm in Canada and it cost me $100/treatment. You can end up needing 6 treatments, usually 4 weeks apart, towards the end it becomes more like 2 months apart. It is a permanent hair removal treatment.

The only cautions with this is:
-Make sure the place you go to has a "permanent" treatment, some lasers simply get rid of the hair only for awhile.
-Use topical anaesthetic such as "Emla" cream to numb and help with pain for the area being treated, trust me, you'll get a better effect if you can use a more intense laser to zap the hair
-Don't expect perfect results. The laser gets rid of 80-95% of the hair, but some hair (which is thinner thankfully) can come back, and right now I'm getting electroylsis to touch up these ones. (which I might add is very cheap, and you don't need Emla cream during the procedure)

Anyways, I'm really impressed because I hated the rash I got and my bikini area never looked good. Now I've been swimming a bunch of times not embarrassed of my bikini area, it looks perfect!
It's nice because I am starting on my armpits, and soon the only thing I'll have to shave is my legs (and that doesn't bother my skin like the other two areas!)
Good luck to you, I hope this advice helps, or think about it for the future.

Last edited by Heather13; 06-21-2006 at 02:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
(female)

love8 HB User
Re: shaving down there.

thanks heather. i would definitely do it but i'm on a student budget.
i'll probably get it when i'm done and finally have some money! it's nice to know there is something that works though.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:41 PM   #4
(female)

euglena HB User

The best thing that ever happened to me: Veet European formula.

Cheap (6$ a tube), fast (4 minutes for my coarse pubic hair), and effective - I had to touch up a little bit with a razor, but very little.

Also - use a men's razor blade when shaving, not the Women's because it works a lot better. Just be careful because the blades are sharper.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:30 AM   #5
(female)

Frangapani HB User

The first couple of times I shaved my bikini area I got the soreness too, I find the best way is to leave it about 3 days then use a Venus womans razor and do it in the shower with heaps of soap or shaving cream, now I never have any problems.

Closed Thread