It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
(male)

curiousg35 HB User
Rash or something? Around mouth!!

I've had this problem for around a year or so now and it's getting really really annoying. Around my mouth, under my lower lip but above my chin, there is a spot of dark skin, i've read everything/have been researching this for the longest time, I've yet to see anything even remotely close to what I'm talking about and I've checked the "search button" and the forums already. This spot of skin is darker than my skin and very noticeable when looking at me, it just won't go away. When rubbing or feeling it, it feels dry, but when I shower, for some reason I can scratch some of it off. It comes off and, to me, it looks like dirt, as if i were a dirty person and didn't wash, which I'm not. I shower regularly and scrub, but if I don't scratch whatever I can get off when I shower, it builds up and gets darker and way worse. If I scratch it while I'm not in the shower or something then it gets red and embarassing. What in the world could this be and what can I do to get rid of it for good?!

I've had people tell me it's nothing to worry about and to just continue doing what I'm doing, it's no big deal. But it's getting really annoying and is starting to take affect in not only my social life but my love life because I don't like having this around, it's embarassing. So if anybody can help, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Closed Thread