It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
(female)

karsmom HB User
Question Polymorphic Light Eruption(Sun Allergy)

Anyone have any info on this? My 6 yo was just diagnosed with it. She gets a rash, itches very badly, gets VERY cranky, sick to her stomach and sometimes throw up- even after a short time in the sun. Doctors have said to keep her out of the sun. This is nearly impossible- she loves to be outside and to swim. I need any info or advice anyone has to offer. Thanks!

Old 06-29-2006, 01:38 AM   #2
(female)

sadiecor HB User
Re: Polymorphic Light Eruption(Sun Allergy)

Hi
Sorry to hear about your daughter. Must be awful in one so young, who doesnt quite understand the implications of her allergy.
You might some more info if you search the allergy board here for PLE/PLME/Sun allergy, or if you do a search on the internet. Thats how I found this site, and info on the condition.

I was only told I have this allergy last year; despite having symptoms since I was about 17 (Im 33 now). I didnt get any constructive advice. Things are far worse this tear, and I've got an appointment with the consultant dermatologist late this afternoon as it happens.
I'll be glad to know if anything will help, instead of 'just keeping out of the sun', which is damn near impossible; especially since I have children, and like to lead an (almost) normal life during the summer!.

Regards
Sadie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread