It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

freind123 HB User
tingling senstaion, pain and burn in palms,soles and lips

Around six months back I had sever itching all over my body and wherever i scratched, it turned red. Only red... no bumps or lesions and no changes in skin. Along with it I had pain/burning in my palms, soles whenever held anything tightly.
I started taking Atarax 10 mg for 10 days. The itching went away. After completion of Atarax 10 mg for 10 days, I again had pain/burn in my palms, especially fingertips whenever i held something tightly. My dermatologist again asked me to go on Atarax 10 mg for 1.5 months. After I stopped taking Atarax 10mg, the pain and burn returned in my palms.

The doctor asked me to continue for 3 months on Atarax 10mg which I did not do . When I moved from my country India to USA ( in February) -- the itching started again throughout my body. I saw a physical here and she asked me to take Atarax only when required and she said it was a baby strength (10mg) and I should wait till summer to see a dermatologist or allergist. So since April, I am taking Atarax around twice a week. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what is wrong with my palms and soles and why have so many itches. Should I take Atarax every day? It is to remember that my palms and soles and lips don’t hurt at all when for around 4 days after I take one tablet of Atarax 10mg.
Any advice would be welcome. I really want to end my problem. I am also under thyroid medication and facing frequent urination problems -- any connection? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by freind123; 06-28-2006 at 06:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2006, 06:12 PM   #2
(female)

freind123 HB User
Re: tingling senstaion, pain and burn in palms,soles and lips

Hey somebody please repsond . Any suggestion/advice would really help

Old 07-11-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Piano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB UserPiano0105 HB User

Friend,

You may have Erythromelalgia, a rare disorder that I have. Does your skin become hot as well as burning? If you get relief from applying cold compresses to the area, then this is most likely what it is. Most doctors aren't familiar with it. You can look it up on the Internet for more information.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
(female)

freind123 HB User

Hi,

Thanks for your sugestion. I did check on the web for Erythromelalgia. I do not have all symtoms like that. I get a tingling sensation when I apply pressure to my hands and it goes off in a couple of minutes.
Yes, I have a hot body in summer and I get cold in winters.. I mean I used to always be like this from childhood.
Any suggestions ?
Thanks again for your help

Last edited by freind123; 07-24-2006 at 11:28 PM.

Closed Thread