It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2006, 08:26 PM   #1
(male)

BroncoII HB User
poison Ivy.help

I get poison ivy every year I have allready had the shot but can't get in soon. My quesion is how do I get rid of this stuff fast.Any help

Justin

Old 07-01-2006, 08:31 PM   #2
Inactive

plymouth HB User
A couple of ideas for you...

[QUOTE=plymouth]Make a solution of two teaspoons of ordinary household bleach in a gallon of lukewarm water. Soak the affected area for ten to fifteen minutes. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Marti]What you want to do is dry this stuff out! You can use a solution of 1 part Tea Tree Oil to 10 parts water and apply with a cotton strip by soaking the strip in the solution, then laying it across the skin for up to 10 minutes. You can also use my Great Grandmothers simple solution for poison ivy or any other kind of 'sore' that doesn't want to sem to heal.
Get some liquid Boric Acid solution at the drug store. Soak a cotton/gauze pad in the solution, lightly wring out any excess and apply it to the skin. Leave it on the skin for a full 5 minutes, then remove the gauze and allow the skin around the area to dry. Next, sprinkle Corn Starch (yes, the kind you cook with) onto the area until the 'sore' is completely covered. The Boric Acid solution will draw out any 'poison', and the corn starch will help it to form a scab more quickly. WORKS EVERY TIME!! Also, since you are forming the scab yourself a lot faster than you rbody naturally can, not only is the healing time quciker, but there won't be any noticeable scars.

I've used this 'remedy' when my son would scratch mosquito bites on his face until he had huge, gaping sores. It ALWAYS worked, and they didn't itch him anymore.[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
(male)

BroncoII HB User
Re: poison Ivy.help

THANKS ALOT!!!

Justin

Closed Thread