It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
(female)

katesmom HB User
Question Anyone use Finacia?

I just found out that I have mild Rosecea. I went to see a dermatologist for an unrelated problem & she quickly addressed the redness in my face.

She spent a great deal of time counseling me about Rosecea. I definetly feel educated about the dignosis.

Im a little nervous about using the cream she gave me though. Anyone here use Finacia?

Old 07-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #2

klisete8 HB User
Re: Anyone use Finacia?

I was prescribed Finacea for a disorder other than rosacea -- basically a red patch next to my lip -- and it first caused hypopigmentation (the area turned white, which next to my olive skin looked quite odd) and then the skin slowly turned to a normal color.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2006, 10:04 AM   #3
(male)

CCPlaymaker HB User

I use Finacia for the treatment of Rosecea. Twice a day, no problems at all. It is really a good cream. Before Finacia, I was using Elidel, which in my opinion, was the best for treatment of rosecea. Unfortunately, whenever I would have some alcohol, my face would practically burn up with redness and hot flashes. So, I told my dermatologist about it and she recommended Finacia and it works very well.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:36 AM   #4
(female)

cfrances HB User

Hello:
I was prescribed Finacea several days ago (7), but am applying it erratically. If you are new to rosacea, yahoo has a great forum, I wish I had known before the number of prescriptions I took...antibiotics were fine initially but Metrogel and Klaron prescriptions gave me flare ups, which seem to have not really subsided in their consistency (now too I suffer from Melasma, maybe from hydroquinone (a skin lightening active ingredient) and being on the birth control pill). Drug interactions, even from seemingly harmless vitamins (plus the need to compensate, say with acidophilus while on antibiotics) makes it cumbersome to take advice from people, but maybe your doctor has told you (I have had rosacea diagnosis for about 6 years, but only 3 years with bad reactions)...there are many opinions, and many suggested 'causes' for rosacea, including the overuse of synthetic cosmetics, etc...Okay, good luck. I hope someone else posts about Finacea, using it less than the recommended amount (I am using it only once every other day - i am light skinned, but with a different ethnic background - not european), so, I hope not to scar my face, like it did with postules after metrogel (which I read is HIGHLY Unlikely, and derms agree, but that's the truth). Okay, good luck again. PS: I wanted Elidel , but was afraid to suggest it to this new derm - I quit the last derm because the Obaji system really messed with my skin tone - hydroquonine. I am now using herbal masks I make up from reading on websites, mainly the skinactives website, and the Finacea consists of the all natural ingredient, what they use, the Azaelic acid, but it doesn't have the 'build up' compound that all the doctors rave about with Hydroquonine, but Hydroquonine i read is sugg. for shorter term use - and I agree - I don't know about how long Finacea should be used for. Does anyone else?? I got off Retin-A (prescribed with the Obaji) and FREAKED, since i had a rule, NO synthetics...oh well...I hope that i dont suffer a year down the road, like i read about from other Retin-A users (tetronin is the script name) out there who posted. Don't mean to scare a new rosacea person, but less is better in my opinion...good luck (again). bye.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:26 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

I am just wondering exactly where rosacea occurs and if it occurs in patches that are dry and scaly. Does rosacea have an intense itch associated with it? Does rosacea flare up when one sweats (i.e. does it cause a *****ly sensation which itches and later turns into a red inflamed rash?) I have redness on my forehead, nose, around my nose extending to my cheeks and on the outer part on both sides of my chin. occasionally I will get red dry patches under my eyes at the top of the side of my cheek (if that makes sense). I am also wondering if washing the face helps or makes the redness worse in people with rosacea. I went to the doc who said it could be rosacea, but the derm said there is no way since I am east indian and it is not likely and b/c I don't show the common symptoms - so I am trying to figure out what it is that I have - I am leaning towards seborrheic dermatitis or atopic dermatitis. Does any one have any input? O and I dont have those red capillaries visible in my face.

Thanks.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
(female)

cfrances HB User

Hi,
Have u tried a google search on the product NEEM (tech. name is Azadirachta indica)
There are so many websites on it, that it is time consuming but worth it, it is a very safe herb (from a tree) used topically...one site is neemgenie.co.uk/condition (you have to add the w's and the .html at the end yourself), but it is out of the UK...ther are local information and products. I just started using it today so there is a lot of board posting (I am using it on my legs, since developing what appears to be a kind of vitiglio caused by cosmetics - Neem is for acne, and psorisis (spelling?) and other rashes, and fungi.... good luck...

Last edited by cfrances; 08-03-2006 at 09:40 PM.

Old 08-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

curiousP HB User

I will definitely look into that - thanks!!! How is it working out for you so far? have you had good results?

Old 08-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #8
(female)

cfrances HB User

Hi (curiousP), cannot tell as of yet, what the effects are/will be from using NEEM< plus, am still reading up on it (also using it in conjunction with other things I have tried, e.g., sea buckthorn oil which is becoming popular for acne, rosacea, etc... and calendula oil. You may notice the first post I left (rather long), where I recount my "troubles" with skin disorders...basically, I had extremely nice beautiful skin and never needed more than soap/H20...so it has been my hyper-sensitivity (which my skin is now too) to 'getting better' that led to what I consider rash decisions. I am more concerned with not mixing up the wrong things, and so am going more herbal. Many people, you may read (from other posts) have made the mistakes of using topicals, antibiotics, etc.. that lead to reactions. I am so fed up and depressed, I bought a ticket for Hawaii (think I will have to stop the finacea for a few days, not that I take it correct/regular now anyway). Good luck, there are many posts...i am taking a break~ Claire

Old 02-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #9
(female)

babsbaby HB User

[QUOTE=cfrances;2494***]Hi (curiousP), cannot tell as of yet, what the effects are/will be from using NEEM< plus, am still reading up on it (also using it in conjunction with other things I have tried, e.g., sea buckthorn oil which is becoming popular for acne, rosacea, etc... and calendula oil. You may notice the first post I left (rather long), where I recount my "troubles" with skin disorders...basically, I had extremely nice beautiful skin and never needed more than soap/H20...so it has been my hyper-sensitivity (which my skin is now too) to 'getting better' that led to what I consider rash decisions. I am more concerned with not mixing up the wrong things, and so am going more herbal. Many people, you may read (from other posts) have made the mistakes of using topicals, antibiotics, etc.. that lead to reactions. I am so fed up and depressed, I bought a ticket for Hawaii (think I will have to stop the finacea for a few days, not that I take it correct/regular now anyway). Good luck, there are many posts...i am taking a break~ Claire[/QUOTE]
Hi,

I cant seem to find where to buy Finacia or what it does or what its for. Ive tried google search UK and there's nothing really. Even if its only by prescription I should be able to find a mention of it somewhere. Can anybody give me a hint because I also have just been diagoned with mild rosacea.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:52 PM   #10
(male)

Old 061 HB User

[QUOTE=babsbaby;2806787]Hi,

I cant seem to find where to buy Finacia or what it does or what its for. Ive tried ****** search UK and there's nothing really. Even if its only by prescription I should be able to find a mention of it somewhere. Can anybody give me a hint because I also have just been diagoned with mild rosacea.[/QUOTE]

Finacia had doubled my Liver Enzymes after using for approx (1) year. Just got back from my yearly physical with (3) months off Finacia...everything back to normal. Now I use MetroGel. Dermo said trial results didn't indicate any liver problems but I'm 100% positive this acid based cream had a direct effect

Old 07-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
(female)

seahorselover HB User

Hi, I was prescribed Finacia for adult acne and sunspots because my skin is very sensitive. Retin a was to harsh on my skin made me look red all the time. But I dont have rosacea. The Finacia seems to work very well but everyone is using it for rosacea and I dont have that and I have not been able to find any info on it being used for acne? But if I start to get a breakout and use it twice a day it really knocks it out. Better then benzoyl peroxide and all those other prescription acne medicins I have tried over the years. I always get a cyst right before my period and since I have been using the product I have not been getting the cysts anymore. I also use md forte glycolic cleanser and facial lotion III 30%. You have to work your way up to the 30% and this stuff is the best products I have used. Also if my skin start to feel a bit dry I use dmL lotion. Its not a precription but you get it from the pharmacy just have them order it for you. The dmL lotion is good for rosacea,dry and combination skin . I have used it for years. Its not greasy. So anyway I was wondering if anyone else is using finacia for acne at all?? I get compliments on how smooth my skin looks now for the first time in years so it must be working.

Closed Thread