It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

anxiety27 HB User
those nasty moles

Last year there was a thread called " those darn moles", it went on for 100 pages, no kidding.. it is found somewhere in the archives, after the moderator shut it down for being toooooo long... which I am still reading.
Anyway.. where did all those folks go.. I am interested in how their results are and want followups... if your reading please post and let us know.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:18 PM   #2
(female)

anxiety27 HB User
Re: those nasty moles

To anyone who has tried this: Did the mole return? What does the area look like after sevearl months or years?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WanderingSoul HB User

Hey there.. what exactly was it that these people tried?

Old 07-31-2006, 09:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User

I'm one of those people who tried the castor oil/baking soda method. Yes, it removed the mole. That was over a year ago and it hasn't returned. It is hardly noticible outside of a slightly tanned spot where the mole used to be.

I think some of the posts in that particular thread were also referring to an OTC mole removal product.

Old 08-17-2006, 05:43 AM   #5

allforlorn HB User
Thumbs up Re: those nasty moles

[QUOTE=anxiety27]Last year there was a thread called " those darn moles", it went on for 100 pages, no kidding.. it is found somewhere in the archives, after the moderator shut it down for being toooooo long... which I am still reading.
Anyway.. where did all those folks go.. I am interested in how their results are and want followups... if your reading please post and let us know.[/QUOTE]

Im one of those folks!

well, after reading LOTS of remedies i put a few to the test over a few weeks and found nothing really to work sadly.

BUT, i did bite the bullet and made a doctors appointment to get it removed, so i went and they burned it off after numbing it and im glad i did coz it was a one off thing, and didnt have to "Re-apply" the home remedies every day over and over

my advice is, if you have a mole, wherever it is(especially a facial mole) , and want it off, just get a doctor to do it coz "home remedies" take way too long, if they work at all even! doctor burns that sucker off and has you on you're way in half an hour

Old 08-18-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
(female)

anxiety27 HB User

Was it a raised or flat mole that you had "burned off". I have an appointment soon for a small raised one on my face that I want to get removed. Does it leave a scar?

Old 08-18-2006, 11:08 AM   #7

allforlorn HB User
Talking Re: those nasty moles

yeah it was very raised, and yeah, they used a burning method called cauterization. a lot of doctors have had great results with this method, but there are a few cases where the scarring is prominent, and some people havent been satisfied. me personally, i have a small pink hue with a slight outline scar, but its pretty faint and its on my chin, so my chin stubble make it totally unoticable. and its gone too, which is weird coz i was born with it, but its kinda nice also!

it was absolutly necessary for me to have it removed coz it was a shaving problem for me. and i was happy to trade a mole that will only get bigger and hairier with time for a slight scar.

i read its a common method too, that and "shaving" it off with a scalpel. some say having a "shaving" in combination with cauterization ( "burning") is a good method, but your doctor will check it out and determine the best way im sure!

Old 08-20-2006, 03:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

dorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB Userdorri HB User

I had one burnt off my spine near my neck. It did leave a scar, but the mole was gone for years. Just, in the last couple of years, it's starting to come back.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:07 AM   #9
(female)

myladylis HB User

I was one of them and I had no results with the home remedies. I tried castor oil and baking soda, garlic, and other stuff...i think it was some kinda root powder mixed with glycerin, also a paste that I had read would make it go away. I never tried the MWV or the other removal product that you can order online.

I went to my dermatologist for (i think it's called) acid peels for my acne scars. One day I just asked her if I could have the mole removed as it bothers me as it was on my face. She asked to take time to think about it and then come back. I talked with my husband and decided if it would make me feel better 'let's do this then'. It cost 50 Euros and was done it no time. I had to buy a cream that I had to put on generously on and around the area to numb it. She localy numbed it but i didn't notice anything....then cut it out. She said it was quite shallow. The she burned the edges a little to stop the bood. She put something on it and that was it. I had quite a few hairs growing which i plugged all the time. She said that she probably didn't get rid of these....but i didn't care ...it was gone and it was nice. The scar is really minimal...could have been a pimple or something...I am happy. I can wear my hair up. It was the best decision for me...my self essteem is up and I can look at myself in the mirror and think I like the way you look today!

I would recommend to find a good dermatologist and talk to him/her about the removal, the scarring, the procedure.... Go home and think, which ones are the ones that make you feel self consious, which one could you maybe live with. We all have some on our body...they are normal.
Do 1 or 2 at a time....treat the scar well...put emu oil and vitamine e oil on regulalry. This is easier on the finances and you can see how you feel with the worst ones gone...do you still care about the rest or do these seem visible now!

God Bless!

Old 09-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #10
(female)

SPORT46 HB User

I tried the garlic method on a mole on my back. I put the garlic over the mole, after scratching the mole, and left it on overnight (1 nite). A scab formed and healed. It flatened the mole a little bit which all that I was after, however now there is a slight darkish spot. Will the discoloration disappear over time or am I left with it forever? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SPORT46; 09-10-2006 at 01:12 PM.

Closed Thread