It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

sonshnes HB User
Plantars Warts

I have several plantars warts on one of my feet. Does anyone know of an easy way to get rid of them? I've had some frozen off in the past, but I dance, and that can be painful. I've heard of people putting duct tape over them, but I'm a little leary of that without knowing if it actually works. I just read something on the internet about Lantrasil...has anyone tried it?

Thanks!!

Old 07-13-2006, 08:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: Plantars Warts

My sister and I had a problem with these when we were in high school and a friend of the family suggested making a paste of castor oil and baking soda. Applying every night and placing gauze or a bandage over it. Sorta gradually sanded away the wart -- little black beads of stuff would slough off each day until they disappeared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Plantars Warts

My husband tried the duct tape but, that didn't really work so, he just used an over the counter wart remover. It took him about a year of freezing it every night with the stuff but, it is gone.

I do have one suggestion. I don't know if it will work for this as well but, I had a tiny wart on my thumb about 2 years ago. I used a remedy my Mom suggested that I use for something else. It is going to sound really weird but, I promise that it worked for both the wart on my thumb which nothing else worked on, and the fungus like thing that has plagued my fingers and toes now and then since I moved down south (less now since this remedy though). Go to the grocery store down the detergent aisle. Grab a box of 40 Mule Team Borax. Put some in a bowl that is big enough to accomodate the area. Just put your foot into the dry Borax. Kind of bury your foot in there like you would into sand on a beach. Make sure that the Borax is touching the wart. You don't need to mix the Borax with anything. No water or anything. Do this at least once a day for a couple weeks and see if you see any change in the wart. My wart went away in about a week (I think...I have poor memory for amount of time but great memory for knowing what made the thing go away). The only thing is, my wart wasn't a planters wart so, I don't know if the results will be the same. But, if it works, it is worth a shot. And, unlike freezing, it is painless and simple. I would just do it while I was sitting down to watch some tv. Don't wash it off. Since it is alot like sand or dust, it will eventually just fall off/shake off you skin. Just keep your foot in there as long as you want but, I wouldn't suggest any shorter than 5 or 10 minutes. You might wiggle your foot in there a little bit too.

I hope this works for you!

Keep in touch!

Closed Thread