It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 03:31 AM   #1
(female)

pulltab HB User
super tiny red dots everywhere!

hello... my skin has little needle pin point sized red spots everywhere. its been that way for a while now.. like more than a year. anyone know what this could be? is it normal? they are bright.. look like places where blood has came to the surface... the size of one or two hairs in width.. any help would be very appreciated.

Last edited by pulltab; 07-12-2006 at 11:16 AM. Reason: fixing typos

Old 07-12-2006, 12:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: tiny micro redspots?

That sounds somewhat like what I have on my stomach. Mine sound slightly bigger than that. Mine are slightly raised and if you press on them, they get lighter in color. They are a very bright red. I have an appt. with my dermatologist tonight after work to look at them and some other stuff that has me a little worried. So, it is very weird that you posted about something similar today. I have had these spots for long enough that I actually can't remember when I first saw them. I think it started off with one or two and a new one pops up now and then. I would venture a guess that they have been around for a year or two...if not longer.

Anyway, wish me luck that it is nothing more than bright red dots with nothing better to do than sit on my stomach.

Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #3
(female)

pulltab HB User

Everything I keep reading has to do with Leukemia when you have tiny red dots all over your body.. kinda scared now. Anyone have any ideas of what it could be?

What did the dermatologist tell you about your red spots? I hope everything is ok.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Pulltab,
My derm told me that my red spots (which are about the size of your average freckle - I think) are just capallaries that have come to the surface. Completely harmless.

I don't know if we have the same thing or not. I would suggest going to your derm just to be sure.

I did have two moles removed for biopsy so, I am anxiously awaiting the results (for the nest week to 2 weeks). Thank you for your concern and, if you decide to go see your derm, let us know how you are! I hope everything is ok with you.

Old 07-13-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
(female)

pulltab HB User

Thats good im glad they are harmless. once I had a mole removed, it came back as normal.

The spots I have are like little flecks.. the size of a hair follicle or a needle point.. very tiny. You can't see them unless you look really hard.

I have no idea.. I'll ask my family doctor at my next appointment though. Does anyone on here know what it could be?

Old 07-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Pulltab,
With my little red spots, when I would press on them with my finger tip they would lighten up in color just a little. Try that and see if they lighten or disappear. I have one that does actually disappear when I press on it. My doctor showed me that little trick with that one. The others lighten just so slightly that you could almost not even tell. If yours do the same, they are probably the same thing that I have. Some of my spots are bigger than the needle head but others are very tiny and barely noticeable like yours.
Take care!

Old 07-14-2006, 11:34 AM   #7
(female)

pulltab HB User

No they don't really change when I push on them. They just stay the same. I don't know. My theory is that if it's small enough that it's not even noticable then hopefully its nothing to worry about. I notice them most my my biceps, triceps, underarm, and tops of my thighs mostly. I think there is some in other places too but I can't really see them. I hope its nothing to worry about. I've had various types of bloodwork 3 times in the last year, so if I had some underlying problem Im sure it would have show up in one of the different bloodwork results.

I'm hoping others will come on here who also know of the same tiny red flecks and can share their story too. That would be great.

Old 07-18-2006, 03:47 AM   #8
(female)

dan325 HB User

i have these too and just found them. Very tiny. I think they are normal. I read somewhere they might be related to the sun? Not sure. I freaked about them at first, but now I see others have them and some actually seem to go away.

Old 07-19-2006, 11:28 AM   #9
(female)

fidgety115 HB User

cherry angiomas or petechiae, both are flat, red and do not blanch...sometimes cherry angiomas do blanch and are above skin level, like right on top....sometimes they are right on the skin or appear like they are below....

Old 07-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Fidgety,
You are awesome. Thank you for the name! I couldn't remember what my derm told me mine were. He told me they were Cherry Angiomas. I tend to have a problem remembering exactly what my doctors tell me. Terminology always evades me almost as soon as they say it. I should learn to take a piece of paper and write it down as they tell me stuff but, I am usually to wrapped up in worry! Thank you! And, that is exactly what mine look like. They are slightly raised (some of them) and most of them blanch. Especially the bigger one that is unraised under my collar bone. That one completely disappears for a second or two.

Thanks again!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #11
(female)

fidgety115 HB User

You are welcome Hating Glasses! Cherry angiomas are very very common and are harmless. They are kind of like red freckles. Some folks get them from sun, some get them because of heredity. I have them from of both! They aren't the worst things that can happen to our skin.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

shnswms HB User

I have alot of these too and was wondering what they were. Thank you for the informative post.

Closed Thread