It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 05:56 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

kerri0500 HB User
skin fungus?

I have a question. My husband has started getting a rash on his underarms, upper arms, and now it is around his beltline and his mid thighs on the inside. Is this possibly a fungal in fection? I have some nystatin and triaconozole, should i try it?

Old 07-14-2006, 12:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: skin fungus?

Does he sweat a lot? I know of someone who had something similar to what you describe and his was in areas where he would tend to sweat. He used to carry a backpack to and from work and would walk and these red, rash like things appeared. He had never had this before and it was a bit scary. It simply went away when he changed his routine and the cooler weather came along.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #3
(female)

alltaurus HB User
Re: skin fungus?

Those are the area's where he will sweat or clothes will irritate. Especially in hot weather. It the foot section of the Pharmacy they sell powder made for foot fungus. He should put that on after showering, or try Gold Bond. Also in the Jock itch section they sell "Lotramin Spray" use that and keep the areas uncovered as much as possible. Once the rash goes away, continue to use powder treatment. Fungus can be funny, even though it appears to be gone it can still be there and will come back worse and become resistant to anti-fungal medications.

Closed Thread