It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #1
(female)

Starlite07 HB User
Large red spots above both knees under skin

These circular red/pink spots about 2 inches in diameter under my skin are appearing above both of my knees when I sit down for a few minutes for no apparent reason. I usually find one above one of my knees, it would stay there for acouple of minutes and fade away. I would sit down later acoupld of hours later and a red spot would be above the other knee and do the same thing. It has been a week that that has been happening. Is it just from brusing or should I be worried?

Last edited by Starlite07; 07-12-2006 at 09:39 AM.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

Melissa765 HB User
Re: Large red spots above both knees under skin

I have the same exact thing. For a while, it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what it was, but I narrowed it down to the fact that I either cross my legs (somehow putting pressure on the above-knee area and leaving a temporary red spot), or if I was leaning over, my elbow would do it. It's probably a similar thing happening to you, especially if it's not itchy or sore, or like any other skin condition. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

I was actually going to say the same thing as the poster before. Try to notice if you sit with your legs crossed or one under the other. It could just be a pressure point. Or, where you sit, do your knees touch anything? The desk, a wall, cords, anything?

Does your skin feel tight in that area? Or, are your clothes tight in that area when you sit down? Just kind of look for signs of what it could be before you worry that it could be something in your legs.

Take care and keep in touch!

Old 07-12-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
(female)

Starlite07 HB User

Thanks, both of you. I was guessing it could have been that but I wasn't sure. I notice that I sometimes bend my knees and the calf of my leg is leaning against the table, is that what you mean by pressure points? That the spot would appear above my knee instead of my leg?

Last edited by Starlite07; 07-12-2006 at 05:49 PM.

Old 07-13-2006, 11:34 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Starlite,
That is what I mean by a pressure point. Do a test. Sit with your leg the way you normally would. Have it rest against the desk for 5 or so minutes like you would normally and pay attention when you pull your leg away to exactly where the desk touched it. If there is a similar red spot there, you know that that is likely the culprit.

You could try it many different ways. Sit with your hand resting on your cheek and see if your cheek is red afterwards. Those are pressure points. I don't know for sure why that happens. I am not sure if it is a lack or surplus of blood to that spot.

Anyway, do an experiment (or a few) and let us know!
Take care!

Old 07-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #6
(female)

Starlite07 HB User

I tried the test and I found out where the pressure points are. Thank you very much!

Old 07-14-2006, 06:33 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Starlite,
You are welcome and I am so glad that it was resolved!
Take care!

Closed Thread