It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

ralange HB User
Rash on legs

This summer I have a problem of a rash on my lower legs. This is the area which I use Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Lotion. I've used it for years without any problems. Could I be allergic to the lotion? Has anyone else had the problem and what kind would be better to use?

Old 07-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Rash on legs

Ralange,
I just started using the sunless tanning lotions myself so, I don't have alot of experience with them but, I'll try. I first used the Jergens Natural Glow which was nice (not crazy about the smell) but, it went on pretty well. The stuff I am using now is the Loreal Sublime Glow. It is sparkly which gives your skin a nice shiny kind of healthy glow and, I like that it looks pretty natural with the possible exception of the few spots it may tend to gather and darken a little more like the crooks of your elbow if you sweat in the summer heat and by your wrists since you tend to wash the color off your hands a little faster each time you wash throughout the day but, I think that is probably a down side to all of them. The scent is also a little better than the Jergens and it makes my skin nice and silky and even toned. I haven't noticed any rashes yet. My Mom uses either the Dove or Olay (not sure which) and likes the scent and the way it makes her skin feel. I can only suggest trying them until you find the right one for you. You may visit your derm to make sure the rash isn't caused by something other than your lotion. But, if you switch to another brand, the rash may go away and then you will have your answer.
Take care and keep in touch! I am interested in what you think of the other brands.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2006, 05:48 AM   #3
(female)

Passion1965 HB User

Hi Ralange,
I also use Neutrogena Sunless Tanning lotion and have have the same problem.My legs get SO itchy with a rash.Actually, this happens with any sunless tanner I use, so I do think it's an allergic reaction.I like the way Neutrogena looks on. I only use it on my legs, so I just have to deal with being itchy for a day......But atleast my legs look nice!

Old 07-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

stevie_23 HB Userstevie_23 HB User

I have used Johnson & Johnson Holiday Skin and also Dove Summer Glow or something (Australian product?) and I found the J & J one REALLY irritated my skin, mainly my legs but also on my stomach and arms and hands even. Iíd used it several times and was fine, but then had a bit of irritation from the excessive heat at the time and combined with this lotion, it caused all these little itchy/*****ly red dots to appear. Horrible!

Closed Thread