It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
(male)

compute818 HB User
Arrow Oily Skin and BlackHead Treatment

Hello, i'm 15 years old, Male.

I have oily skin and my face constantly shines and its very annoying. I also have a lot of blackheads on and around my nose.

I just want to know are there any home reamadys to threat oily skin? Should I wash my face with hot or cold water and should I use soup?

I also reciently purchased this "Biore Warming Anti-Blackhead Cream Cleanser" If you put it into google you will see more information. I bought this for my blackheads however i want to know if this will also help control the shine on my face and the oil. The container says its Oil Free and it cleans dirt and oil on the face but i don't know has anyone used this? any information you can give me.

Thank You Guys So Much For The help.
Bye

Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Oily Skin and BlackHead Treatment

Compute,
First of all, I want to tell you that, I know oily skin seems like such a pain when you are young. It can be embarrassing! But, try to remind yourself that, in the future, when you are twice your age...you will be so greatful for that oily skin you have today because it will keep you from getting wrinkly as you get older! That is good news! I had it when I was your age. I'm 33 now and people tell me that I look 18!

Ok! As far as getting rid of it...do wash your face twice a day with soap. There are all kinds of soaps out there that cater to your specific skin type. Get something that says it is for oily skin. It might say something like "Combination/Oily" or it might specify oily. Use luke warm water (I think). I say "I think" because I have heard both sides. I have heard some say you should use cold water, and some say you should use warm water. So, I just use luke warm water. Don't use any moisturizers for now, unless, after you wash your face you feel a tightness or itchiness. But, since your face is oily, you probably won't have that problem. I don't know about the Biore. I haven't tried it but, give it a shot. It might work well for you. I can tell you from experience that, each face is unique and, what might work for one person may not work for another. If the Biore doesn't work for you...and give it a couple weeks before you give up on it as new products always take a little while to show results...try something else. There is another product out there that you might try to soak up some of that oil. They are thin sheets of paper. They come in a little plastic container that usually looks something like those Listerine pocket breathe strip packs. You can find them in the skin care aisle of any supermarket or drug store. Anyway, you would take one of them out and press it to the oily part(s) of your face. It "sops" the oil up.

I don't really know of any home remedies. The only other thing I might suggest is to use a powder (maybe baby powder since you are a guy) to help keep the oil down. But, I worry that it might clog your pores and cause more blackheads and, it might do the reverse and dry your face out too much. So, I guess for now, try the Biore stuff you already have. If you don't want to wash your face twice a day, do it at least once a day. As for what time of day is better if you only do it once, that is up to you. I only wash mine once a day (at night) but, I have the opposite problem. I have very dry face, and, being a woman, I wear makeup so it is important for me to get the makeup off before I go to bed. You do what is best for you. I would highly recommend that you wash your face twice a day since you won't have a problem with it drying your face out.

Take care and let us know how you are doing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread