It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2006, 02:26 PM   #1
(male)

gnznroses HB User
itching for months. tiny red bumps and white patches

back in march my whole family (except my brother actually) started itching. my nephew had a red rash all over him. they took him to a doctor and they said it was scabies. we did the scabies treatment and we all got better. his rash went away. but i never got fully better and after a while started itching even more. since then i've done 5 treatments fo the scabies stuff. i finally went to my doc last month. he had me try an anti-allergy. didn't help he had me try an antibiotic. he had me try another anti-parasite thing. none of it helped. since last month or so i've had these tiny white bumps on my arms and some small white patches behind my shoulders. i mean these bumps are very tiny. and they're all on my upper arms and shoulders. i also have some slightly bigger red bumps, one on each leg, one on my arm, maybe one or two on my ankle. but i itch everywhere. i got referred to a dermatologist but the appointment isn't til mid september which really aggrevates me. i doubt anyone can help, but it's worth a shot i guess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2006, 11:30 PM   #2
(male)

gnznroses HB User
Re: itching for months. tiny red bumps and white patches

USA.
so you have tiny white bumps as well?
my docotr said my bumps could be caused by scratching and not actually causing itching. i dunno if i believe that or not. the red bumps maybe, but the white bumps? i dunno.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
(male)

gnznroses HB User

oh, are you saying your white bumps come and go? cause mine don't.
haven't noticed extra dust or any other differences. i know tho that my cousin had scabies. and my sister was around her a lot, so we assumed we had scabies. and i'm sure we did. so i find it strange i started itching same time as everyone else but i didn't get better. but i think doing 7 scabies treatments would've killed em...

Old 07-27-2006, 06:35 PM   #4
(male)

gnznroses HB User

i only have one white patch. and i forgot your other question earlier: i think i do have a freckle-like spot or two on my side that wasn't there before.
i think the white bumps and could possibly be from scratching, cause i noticed they're on my shoulders and the back of my neck, but i don't think there's any where i can't reach to scratch really good. but i don't scratch all that much and when i do it's usally not my shoulders, it's usually my stomach/chest, legs, or arms.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #5
(male)

gnznroses HB User

do you have any appts coming up with a dermatologist? i'm trying to get mine moved up to an earlier date.
and does yours vary by day? like some days i hardly itch at all and other days i itch like crazy.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
(male)

gnznroses HB User

y'know it does seem like my itching gets worse at night, which is listed as a scabies treatment, but i don't see how i could still have it... tho i did see a post from some guy here saying he's had it for a year and can't get rid of it. tho i'd also think other people in my house would re-catch it.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #7
(female)

crazy_itch HB User

Hello GNR and Maurticer! I have the exact same thing as you all have. I've been fighting this for about a year and I'm miserable. I've been to a dermatologist and a regular MD. I was first diagnosed with scabies, then I was given an ointment for a topical yeast infection but nothing has helped. The scabies meds did make the rash go away for a little while but it kept coming back (I've gone through this process several times). The yeast meds did nothing at all....

I was at the hospital for minor surgery today and the nurse said my rash/wounds look like shingles. So, I read on shingles when I got home and I think that may be what we have. Go to shinglesinfo.com or ***** and read on this if you get a chance. I'm anxious to hear if you think this is shingles.

I have an appointment with yet another dermatologist next Tuesday (8/15). I'll let you all know what comes of it.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:43 PM   #8
(male)

gnznroses HB User

hmm, doesn't sound like me at all:
[quote]When the virus that causes chickenpox reactivates, it causes shingles. Early symptoms of shingles include headache, sensitivity to light, and flu-like symptoms without a fever. You may then feel itching, tingling, or extreme pain in the area where a rash is developing. Several days later, a belt-shaped or bandlike rash appears. This band of pain and rash is the clearest sign of shingles.

The rash caused by shingles is more painful than itchy. The nerve roots that supply sensation to your skin run in pathways on each side of your body. When the virus becomes reactivated, it travels up the nerve roots to the bandlike area of skin supplied by those specific nerve roots. This is why the rash appears on only one side of your body, usually the chest or back, and sometimes on your face around one eye. It is possible to develop more than one bandlike rash on your body with shingles.
[/quote]

my bumps are on my shoulders mostly and are either very tiny white bumps (tiny, like pin-***** size) or are tiny and colorless and you hafta look good to see em at all. then there's two spots that are white patches of skin that aren't bumps at all. i have just a couple bumps elsewhre, on my leg and ankle that are more bug-bite like. the bump on my leg itches, but it's really the only buimp that itches. i itch elsewhere of course and kinda all over at various times, but don't see bumps.

Old 08-14-2006, 05:39 PM   #9
(female)

crazy_itch HB User

I'm in the US also - Texas to be a little more specific.

I don't know if I have shingles or not. I may just be looking for some/any answer at this point. I don't have all the symptoms of shingles but I have enough of them that I thought I may have some variation of shingles (if one exist).

Here's my story: It started with tiny white bumps across my lower abdomen. These bumps itched like crazy. I'm a scratcher so the bumps turned red and then became sores. Then it spread to my right arm, lower back and around the base of my hairline. The bumps are very tiny - you have to be at the right angle just to see them. I also have a couple of bumps on each leg. The ones on my legs look more like mosquito bites where the others (arms and back) are patches of these small white bumps. The scabies meds did clear everything up for two - six weeks but the rash always comes back. I also itch in places where the rash does not exist. It's driving my crazy....

Anyway, I have another appointment tomorrow. I'm not going to hold my breath but I am hoping this guy knows what he's doing. I'll let you know the outcome.

Take care!

Old 08-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
(female)

crazy_itch HB User

Well....The good news is I don't have scabies and I don't have a yeast infection. The bad news is the doc doesn't know what I have. He's recommended that I take salt baths and he gave me another lotion and an antihistamine. He told me to come back in a month....

Needless to say I'm not too happy with the outcome of my visit.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #11
(male)

gnznroses HB User

[quote]The bumps are very tiny - you have to be at the right angle just to see them. I also have a couple of bumps on each leg. The ones on my legs look more like mosquito bites where the others (arms and back) are patches of these small white bumps.[/quote]
yeah, sounds like me. i've noticed lately tho i have more small red bumps than before. on my chest, hands, etc.

maurticer, what do you have?... i've got moles all over my back. some are kinda huge. gonna have the dermatologist check those out too while i'm there. had em for a long time tho.
still another month til my appointment

Old 08-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #12
(female)

crazy_itch HB User

Hi guys - sorry I've been out so long - life has been crazy.

Well, I don't think I'm cured but I can tell you the salt baths helped tremendously. I haven't had to take the antihistamine at all and I've only used the lotion a couple of times - the salt baths cleared most everything on its own. Just run really hot water in the bath and pour in one cup of regular table salt. Run the rest of the bath water so that you'll be able to sit in it. Sit for 20 - 30 minutes and see if it helps with your itching and breakouts.

I know I'm not completely cured b/c I still get a minor itching in my tummy. When that happens I just put a little of the ointment/lotion on and it stops the itching. The ointment they gave me is Synalar or Fluocinolone Acetonide.

Let me know how you all are doing.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi All,

Have yall been to a dermatologist? It sounds like some of you may have psoriasis?! I do not now what shingles looks like, so... And I have tried the scabies treatment once. That did not work. I am putting on a cream that says it is for psoriasis and the dermatologist also gave me some pills.

If I scratch, it spreads and gets larger. And boy does it itch!!!!! :<

Hope we all get fixed up. I will let you know if I do, so, far the same.

Take care and wear gloves (my daughters idea - which I have not tried).

Wannabe

Old 09-04-2006, 03:10 PM   #14
(female)

crazy_itch HB User

Hi M!

I took the salt baths everyday for about a week. Then I just started taking them when I felt itchy. I have to say, I don't even feel itchy that often any more. I have a follow up with the dermatologist in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know if he comes up with an actual diagnosis. Let me know how the salt baths work for you.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:21 PM   #15
(male)

gnznroses HB User

yeah, i'm fine, just itching to death... what's really annoying me is that on top of this itching i also keep getting bit by mosquitos... as if i don't itch enough...
my dermatologist appt is in 5 days ao hopefully i'll get an answer. i'm not holding my breath on that one tho...

Closed Thread