It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
(male)

ChesterCityfan HB User
Eczema on scalp

For a while now I've suffered from eczema on my scalp. I got a prescription of betnovate from my doctor and it helped untiul it ran out! rather than rely on this chemical i would rather know if there are any shampoos out there that will aid my cause.

I use the green l'oreal shampoo (I'm a bloke, I don't what its called) and it seems to make things worse, I assume because of the chemicals in it, does anyone know of a better shampoo to buy?

many thanks

Old 07-26-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Eczema on scalp

Bloke...heheheh! Sorry! I thought that was cute!
Anyway, the best I can suggest is that you try a natural product line like Aveda. I don't know if there are other lines that you can get from a grocery store that might be free of all those chemicals that might cause irritation. But, Aveda is all natural ingredients. I don't know if you can get it where you live but, if you go to a nice salon and ask them, they might carry it or point you in the right direction. Otherwise, try to find something scent free. Sometimes what they put in a product to create the scent is what messes your body up.
Take care and keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2006, 11:03 PM   #3
(female)

sdjansen HB User

I have the same thing on my scalp and a friend once told me to only use shampoos that dont have sulfites in them, the problem is they are really hard to find. Nothing seems to work for me though and even the medicated shampoos make it worse. Good luck.

Old 07-30-2006, 11:31 AM   #4
(male)

socalsd HB User

Have you tried a salicylic acid based shampoo...like the ones from Neutrogena? I know they're not natural but I've had pretty good luck with them, and they don't really irritate like some others do.

---
J.E.
[url]http://www.SebDerm.org[/url]

Last edited by socalsd; 07-30-2006 at 11:32 AM.

Closed Thread