It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Scar on nose will Mederma help?

In 2003 I had a large basal cell carcinoma removed from the left side of my nose. It left a dime size scar on my nose. The scar is not red, and I can cover it up with makeup. The only thing is since I have oily skin the makeup disappears fast and you can see this scar. I cannot keep loading on the makeup every hour.

Does anyone have experience using Mederma and did it really help reduce your scar?

If anyone knows of something besides more laser treatments please let me know. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
(female)

HappyHolly HB User
Re: Scar on nose will Mederma help?

My Aunt had a patch of skin cancer removed from her nose last year. She used mederma and it really seemed to make it appear less noticeable. Results don't show up over night though, it is recommended to apply it 3-4 times a day for 3-6 months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belle2003 HB User
Re: Scar on nose will Mederma help?

My scar is three years old. I have heard how great Mederma is for newly acquired scars, but how does it work for old ones?

Closed Thread