It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 04:37 AM   #1
(female)

crk0045 HB User
Itchy Skin Irritation

I'm experiencing some very small, sporadic, white, itchy bumps between two of my toes. I first noticed the itching (but not the bumps) the night before last and ignored it. Yesterday I put some Lotrimin spray on it and last night I realized there were bumps accompanying the itch. I put more Lotrimin on. This morning I woke up and the bumps had spread to the adjacent toe. All the bumps are located on the inside of the toes, not around them or on the bottom or anything. The itching is bearable, so I've been successful not scratching, but I'm beginning to lose it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Old 07-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Itchy Skin Irritation

crk,
I copied this from another post about what sounds like the same problem. I suggest this every time someone else posts about this problem because, I promise that it has always worked for me. And, instead for typing it all over again, I figured I should just go find one of the older posts about it and copy and paste it so, here it goes:

I can't tell you what they are but, I can tell you how to treat it. I think it is the same thing I have had now and then over the past 8 or so years of my life. But, you can treat it and keep it at bay. And, when you notice it starting again, make it stop immediately. I don't know why this works but, my Mom told me to get a box of 20 Mule Team Borax. You can find it in your grocery store in the detergent aisle. When I bought my box, it was a light green box about the size of a cereal box but, I got mine about 5 or more years ago. I even just googled it and found that the box seems to look the same so, I would suggest that you try googling it. I just pour some of it in a bowl and put my feet in it like you would burry them in sand. Don't use water. Just use the Borax as is. It usually doesn't take me long for those bumps to disappear. It shouldn't take you too long either. Just do it until they are gone and then for a couple days afterwards. It can take a few days or a week or so but, I promise that it worked for me and, I can't think of a reason it won't work for you too. I know this sounds weird. But, I promise you that it works. And, I have no idea why it works. I just know that after about 2 or 3 years of trying athletes foot medicines and other fungus creams, including a prescription which put me in more pain than I already was, when my Mom suggested Borax for a wart I had on my thumb, and that worked...I gave it a shot on my feet and finger and, like magic it was gone in about a week...if not a little more!
Don't scratch it. I think the little bumps break and the fluid inside (though very little) spreads and causes it to make more of the little annoyances. It can get very itchy. That is actually how I know when it is trying to start back up again and I always use my borax to make it stop before it even gets a chance to get going. Also, if you scratch, it will spread to your fingers. So, to be safe, in case you have scratched, dip your hands into the Borax too. I would say, if it hasn't started on your fingers yet, one time in the Borax for your fingers should do it. Depending on how bad the spread is on your feet, if it is a very small amount, it should only take a few days to get rid of. I would suggest that you just use it for at least 2 weeks.

Ok, that is the gist of it! Sorry this is so long but, I am very passionate about this stuff as I struggled with it for about 3 years before I tried the Borax and, since then...it always keeps that annoyance at bay. It isn't a cure. I don't know what the bumps are. But, I do know that the Borax makes it stop and, my little outbreaks are few and far between.
Try it! Let me know if it works!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 07:11 AM   #3
(female)

crk0045 HB User

Thank you so much. I am going to head to the grocery store after work to grab some of the stuff you suggested. I just wish I knew what the heck it is.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

You're welcome! I hope it works for you! I have no idea what the fungus or whatever is. I have heard that it is and that it isn't athlete's foot. I have heard pseriasis (sp). No one was ever able to give me an answer or was ever able to tell me how to treat it and, anything I was given didn't work. I couldn't be more grateful to my Mom for suggesting Borax for whatever she did years ago. Even though it wasn't to treat the fungus/rash...whatever, it did work and I am really trying to spread the word about it. It seems that this particular skin thing happens to a lot of people. My hubby had it when I first got it. We got it around the same time. And probably 1 out of every 5 people I meet has it.

I can't see any reason why the Borax won't work on you if we have/had the same thing. Please keep in touch and let me know if it worked for you. It may take a little bit of time. Maybe a week or 2. But, it should do the job and, just use it any time you start to get that itch or see those bumps reappear.

Take care!

Closed Thread