It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
(female)

tanabear6 HB User
bites on my body?

The last few days have been unbearable. I've been getting red itchy welts, looks like mosquito bites only five times bigger and redder, and they're tougher to the touch (if that makes sense)...i've got about eight on my legs, a couple on my lower back, a couple on my feet and one on my arm. i'm not sure what they're caused from, but they're horrible. any thoughts?

Old 08-19-2006, 02:51 AM   #2
(female)

Danthespan HB User
Unhappy Re: bites on my body?

Mine are like red blotches and very itchy...chemist said they look like bites but I wake up with a new one so how cani have been biten.
D

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2006, 06:08 AM   #3
(female)

violet89 HB User
Re: bites on my body?

Hi,
I have a similar problem- about 2 weeks ago I woke up to find a red lump on my leg. It is about 3 cms wide and is red. It is really sore- the surrounding area feels like its bruised (even though there's no sign of bruising) and when I touch the red lump, it is under the skin rather than raised and is hard.
Anyway, at the same time my right hip area has been aching, but there is no evident lump there.
Then a few days later I got a red lump on my upper right arm, it is red on the surface but when I touch it I can feel a marble size lump under the skin and it also is aching like a bruise.

And on top of that, yesterday I developed another lump on my left buttock, and I can feel a marble size lump under the skin.
I went to the doctor last week and he took a blood test- results came back normal. He thought maybe I had been bitten by a poisonous insect.
Thing is, why am I getting more lumps?
I dont know what's wrong.... its so strange.
Also I dont have pets in the house.
Can anyone help me?

Old 05-07-2008, 05:30 AM   #4
(male)

lhacker HB User

The problem I have is with Buffalo gnats. They leave a swollen large redwelt that burns and hurts then a day later there is a marble size hard lump under the skin.
The pain can last a week or more and I haven't found anything to relieve it.

Buffalo gnats are tiny black flies ... about 1/4 inch long with a black/white stripped body and clear wings. the females need blood to lay their eggs. Severe infestations have been known to kill horses.

Deet and other insect repellants won't stop them. Vanilla, real not imitation, works as a deterant when rubbed on exposed skin. The highway department issues vanilla to crews working in swampy areas.

Old 05-07-2008, 06:34 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

niknak77 HB User

Have any of you traveled recently? It sounds like bed bugs. They next to impossible to see when trying to spot them and are easily picked up if you are somewhere that has them.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #6
(female)

crushme HB User

Sounds like hives.

Closed Thread