It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

becopel HB User
Burning Sensation then Red Bump

Anyone with any information please help me.
Since 2003 I have approximately every 2 to 3 months have had a problem with my skin. I am usually woken up about 2 or 3 in the morning with a burning sensation of my extremities. When I finally arise at 5 am and get into the shower where ever I have felt the burning sensation I will have a quarter size red raised bump. It is sensative to touch and within 24 hours it looks like it is a burn I guess it is rough on top of skin and still raised. I have been to the dr several times and have had 2 biopsy's which have shown nothing. I have been to 2 different dermatologist with the same results. I have also had a battery of blood tests to rule out I guess Lupus. I have been told that as soon as one comes up to rush up to there office so they can biopsy it again. This started on my right leg. Then moved to my right arm on the underside of the arm first then on top. They last about 3 to 4 days. Occasionally I will get another one the following week. I have tried several topical cremes without much success. I have most recently started putting silvadene creme on them and covering with band aid because they are painful to touch. And being on my underside of arms they are always being used.
I have about had it with the drs not being able to figure out what great mystery this is. HAS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAD THIS KIND OF SYMPTOMS??? Please help me if you can.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 07:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: Burning Sensation then Red Bump

becopel,
Sheesh! Ok...since you said that it happens at night, the only other thing that I can think of is to have an exterminator come in and take a look at your bed and your bedding. It might be a bed bug. I am serious! I think I saw on something like 20/20 once that there are microscopic bed bugs that, if bitten, some people can suffer a range of allergic reactions from mild to severe. Remembering back to when it first started happening, had you been on a trip and stayed in a hotel? Even as much as a few months before? Or, did someone else visit your house with luggage even a couple months before it started happening? If so, it is entirely possible that you brought the buggers back with you on your clothes or in your suitcase or visitors brought them. They live off of what we leave behind in our beds as we sleep. You may not have them and, I hate to have you do something that could cost you more money in the long run...especially if it doesn't end up being the problem. But, it just sounds to me like it is something in your bed since you said it happens in the middle of the night. And, the fact that it burns (it burns when bitten by a bee...why not another bug?), results in a large red bump and lasts for a few days...that screams insect bite to me. Perhaps, call an exterminator and tell him or her about what you are experiencing and see what they have to say.

I hope this helped. Take care and keep in touch!

Old 08-03-2006, 04:33 AM   #3
(female)

becopel HB User

Thank you for your response but I have gotten them on the road in travel and when at relatives houses. It is not a bed bug they are sure of that but thanks for the reply.

One other thing I forgot to mention is that I scar sometimes after these little bumps depending on the size and how long they last the ones that I have scarred with have lasted up to 3 weeks.

Last edited by becopel; 08-03-2006 at 04:35 AM.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

I am sorry I wasn't of any help. I would have suggested that it might be related to your detergent but, with you experiencing it elsewhere, it probably isn't that. Unless it is a common ingredient in detergents that you are allergic to.

So, the next thing that I would suggest is that you keep a diary of what you ingest, when you do your laundry (particularly your sheets), anything you can think of that might be a cause, and include the date, time, etc...when you have these outbreaks and see if you can link it back to something you eat, drink, do, or anything in your environment. You might also include weather (temp, storms etc.) in your diary. It could be enviromental or something that yo ingest that triggers it.

I really wish I could be of more help.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:57 PM   #5
(female)

becopel HB User

Thank you for trying to help. I have been keeping a diary of when I get them but they are so predictable it isn't even funny anymore. So I will keep on trying.

They haven't wanted to test me other than biopsy. Hopefully some how some way I will get a answer.
Thanks again.

Closed Thread