It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 05:53 AM   #1
(female)

Frangapani HB User
Red face Recurrent Boils any cures??

I had never had a boil in my life until August last year (2005) since then I have had about 30 and they are sooo painful! I have tried everything, about 7 courses of horrible antibotics, vitamens, chinese herbs, washing everyhting like crazy, nose creams and special soaps. My doctor is useless and keep wanting to prescribe me antibotics and make me wash everything that touchs my skin daily and use a nasty antiseptic wash. Does anyone know how to cure this? I was thinking of seeing a herbalist or acupunturist, has anyone tried it for boils?

Old 07-31-2006, 02:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

arlmon18 HB User
Re: Recurrent Boils any cures??

I would find another dermatologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User

Before you see your doctor, you can take very hot water from the faucet and put it on a washrag. Apply the hot water washrag to the boil, and it will fry it. Almost immediately after a very painful application of this treatment, the boil pain will go away. It's an art to make sure that the hot water is not too hot to hurt the skin, but hot enough to kill the bacteria. Definitely, do not use boiling hot water. I would guess the temperature should be around 140 degrees F, or maybe a little less. I would experiment some by placing the hot water treatment on skin that doesn't have the boil, and if it feels hot but not too hot, then apply it to the boil where you will feel the pain.

Using this method, it is painful for about 60 seconds, but if it is done properly it is fast. I've found that too many oily foods will cause me to get them. Also drinking ample amounts of water too helps.

I should add that this was effective for me for boils on the nose, since you mentioned nose creams. I'm not sure how it would work on other boils, but that was my experience.

Last edited by rhody; 07-31-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Old 08-01-2006, 05:07 AM   #4
(female)

Frangapani HB User
Smile Re: Recurrent Boils any cures??

Thank you for your replies, The boils are on my bottom and the doctor said that the bacteria that causes them lives in your nose that why I had the cream. I will try the compresses daily.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
(female)

lucky7 HB User

We just went through this with my husband and the dr told him that since they started to be reoccurring he wanted to have tests run. I know that diabetes, alcoholism/drug use, poor nutrition/hygiene and a low immune system can cause reoccurring boils.

I would definately find another dr and have some tests run just to be on the safe side.

Closed Thread