It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
(male)

Rhookie HB User
Small lump on my scalp.

First, I'm not sure if this is a dermitology issue or not, so my apologies if I put it in the wrong spot. I do have a patch of psoriasis around the lump, and it seems to move with the scalp, so I assume this is the right subforum.

Anyway, the lump is maybe a third of an inch wide, quarter high, near the back of my head so hard to tell. I first noticed it a couple weeks ago. It's shaped kinda like a blister, as in the sides are sharp rather than gradual. It bleeds with increasing freqeuency after very little provocation--but that could just be because I'm probably fiddling with it with increasing frequency now that I'm aware of and concerned about it. It doesn't itch or hurt at all, it's actually fairly numb though the area around it itches because of the psoriasis. Most mornings when I get up it's bleeding, but I assume I scratch the area around there in my sleep and it catches the lump also. The blood is clean, there's no pus coming out of it or anything, and it doesn't feel like a cyst.

Anyone have any ideas of what it might be, and if there are any OTC ointments I could try to use on it? I've been putting neosporin on it, and have been washing with T-Gel because of the psoriasis.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
(female)

cfrances HB User
Re: Small lump on my scalp.

Hello:
Wow, maybe the doctor's office could help. In the meantime, I purchased a product (several actually, after getting depressed about the derm and my face reactions to prescriptions, and the extra symptoms from antibiotics,etc..). There is a product called Neem, it is very safe if used externally (can be used advisedly internally - i am doing both), but i read it is good for any kind of symptom like you describe, and read on Pub Med journals that it's now being used in shampoos as well. It is more or less expensive, prices vary widely online, but it is grown everywhere (a tree) now, and it is called Neem Oil Extract (or Margusa I think in some countries). Good Luck. claire

Last edited by moderator2; 08-04-2006 at 07:01 AM. Reason: product names are allowed, websites are not as per the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread