It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 01:46 PM   #1
(female)

euglena HB User
betamethasone on little bumps?

Sooooo,

I have these very acne-ish patches of skin on both sides of my cheeks really close to my ears and temples.

The area have a few pimples but mostly is oily and covered densely with tiny bumps. When I squeeze (bad I know) yellow bacteria-smelling stuff comes out.

I have applied some betamethasone on them to try to get some skin layers off, but I doubt it will help very much.

What else do you recommend?
RetinA?

I have tried: exfoliators, anti-pore clogging wash, salicylic acid, triclosan, benzoyl peroxide, spectrogel. None of them worked because the bumps are underground.

Help would be appreciated muchly!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2006, 02:51 AM   #2
(male)

infide HB User
Re: betamethasone on little bumps?

Pls dun use betamethasone on ur little bumps. They r not for pimples and they are strong steroids that can thin your skin. This thinnning by the way is not reversible! That is why doctors only prescribe it when u have maybe eczema or something like that. But definitely for Acne.

For acne just use benzoyl peroxide or retin-A if u want the skin to shed and reveal/dry the pimple.

Good lUck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 06:05 AM   #3
(female)

me-shellie HB User

I have something v. different and my GP had trouble diagnosing it - therefore you really ought to ask a doctor or dermatologist type person to give you advise in person so that it is correctly diagnosed.

I know how frustrating and anxious my skin makes me so I sympathise with your symptons.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:34 AM   #4
(male)

infide HB User

So how did it go dude?

Closed Thread