It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
(female)

casper35 HB User
White-ish pustules on lips Keep growing! PLEASE HELP

About 2 weeks ago I noticed about 25-40 of these little white dots or flecks on my upper lip. They looked like they were under the skin. Over the last week these things have multiplied they are taking up about 60% of my upper lip and some are now on the bottom lip. Even worse some of these have now come up through the skin because I can feel them. My top lip looks like it has a long white-ish color growth on it, but if you stretch the lip some you see all the white pustules or pimples not sure what they are. I tried to see if I could pop one and nothing came out. I went to a derm. and he thinks it is atopic dermatitis but isn't sure what it really is. He said it isn't oral herpes because cold sores don't look like that and he said it isn't Fordythes condition. He put me on 2 creams one is a hydrocortisone cream and the othere is called protopic? But I have been on these creams for 4 days now and my lip is no better a little worse to be honest.

What could this be? I have looked on ever dermatology website that there is and nothing looks like my lip. The only things that come up in a search is oral cancer, but derm said this is some sort of inflammation, or dermatitis ect. Herpes came up but this doesn't hurt or itch at all. I saw warts com up but to be all over my lips in such a short amount of time?

Anyone have anything like this? Should I try a different type of doc?

One more thing not sure if this has anything to with my lips but 2 days ago my throat starting hurting and the back of my throat and the roof of my mouth have red spots all over. Went to a doc. today to make sure it wasn't strep and they did a swab came back neg. He said he wasn't sure what could be on my lips and that I should go to a derm. He said I just had a cold or allergies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread