It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Skin Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
(female)

Renne HB User
Question Raised Bumps all over body

Okay here's the question. My mother has the these rasied bumps all over her body. They are just plain, skin clored bumps there not red,sore,itchy and they don't hurt. Or cause any real health problems. There just there. My grandmother and an Aunt had them too. I also have and uncle that has a few. I'm almost 20 now and I don't have them. So my question is does anyone have any idea what this might be? I would assume since other members of my family have them that it is inhertited since other member of my family have them. I also think that it gets weaker by genderation since my mother doesn't have nearly as many as my grandmother did. I would also say that it doesn't start to develop until a certain age. Because I've since pictures of them when thay didn't have them.
I've done some researh on the web myself but can't seem to find anything. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. So does anyone have any idea?
Thanks for any help. Sorry that was so long I just want ya'll to have as much information as possible/

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
(female)

Renne HB User
Question Re: Raised Bumps all over body

Is anyone there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
(female)

cutie777 HB User
Re: Raised Bumps all over body

Sounds like Nyrofibromatosis (sp?). Gillian Anderson`s brother also has it. Very rare disorder which causes tumours to grow all over the body. Better to go to the doctor than worry about it though.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:37 PM   #4
(female)

Renne HB User
Question Re: Raised Bumps all over body

neurofibromatosis. I think that is exactly what it is? I looked it up and the way it was descided and the pictures that were there look like it exactly. I think my theory that it gets weaker is true. Because my grandmother had them all over and so did her sister and my grandfather didn't and neither did any of his kids from his first marriage did. My grandmother was his second wife. I think thats why my moms isn't that bad. She only got one gene for the disorder. and my uncle danny has a very mild case. Also no one of my father's side has it. So I think that if I do delvelop it It will be pretty mild. I've noticed a small bump on my forearm and on the back of my ankle. There's also a tiny bump just above my lip. But I think thats from when I had the chicken pox. I always thought of it has a beauty mark I think it's kind of cute. Well I'm going to do some more research. Thanks for the help cutie 777.

By the way who's Gillian Anderson?

Old 08-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #5
(female)

Emmie738 HB User

I have that since i was 4. Luckily I only have like one bump and some spots, Learning problems, speech delay and scolsis. I have a really mild case.

Old 08-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #6
(female)

snowy owl HB User

I was going to say neurofibromatosis (NF1) also. Other signs of NF are cafe-au-lait spots (coffee with milk), freckling in the arm pit and groin area (the freckles are like little cafe au lait spots.) and lisch nodules on the iris of the eye. (These are harmless pigmented bumps).

If you are doing research on it, try not to let what you read freak you out too much. More than 60% of people with NF have a mild case with few complications.

I have this condition but have not had any complications from it. My son does have complications from it though. There is a great place for support for this condition. I can't put it here, but try googling neurofibromatosis. You should find a place that is "ending neurofibromatosis through research". NF is not all that rare if you think about it. It is estimated that 1/3500 people have it.

BTW, Gillian Anderson is the lady that was in the TV show The X-Files.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

keloidbeauty HB User

I'm a nursing student. Could it be smallpox?

Old 08-22-2006, 01:12 AM   #8
(female)

Nickie75 HB User

Could it be Keratosis pilaris?

Closed Thread